• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire dept, new truck need some assistance/info

chief339hvfd

My fire dept just got a deuce with a cat motor. The ctis is not working correctly. All tires about flat. Will not build air when idling and the is an air valve between the frame behind the cab leaking air out the bottom. Tag on valve reads "power manifold" hard to read. Has several electical wires going to the top of the valve. Help please

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CTIS added a few extra points of failure... :)

If I remember correctly, one way to start diagnosing is to unplug the CTIS controller, and air up the tires manually.

If they stay inflated, then you need to start replacing controller pieces (if you want to be able to use the CTIS)

Otherwise... If the tires still deflate, you have some faulty valves/ manifolds / threaded connections / o-rings... Etc. Etc. Etc....

chief339hvfd

The CTIS added a few extra points of failure... :)

If I remember correctly, one way to start diagnosing is to unplug the CTIS controller, and air up the tires manually.

If they stay inflated, then you need to start replacing controller pieces (if you want to be able to use the CTIS)

Otherwise... If the tires still deflate, you have some faulty valves/ manifolds / threaded connections / o-rings... Etc. Etc. Etc....
I think it has two problem. Want build air to inflate tire because a valve is dumping all the air the compressor is marking. Thank

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

chief339hvfd

I think it has two problem. Want build air to inflate tire because a valve is dumping all the air the compressor is marking. Thank

Im not sure what the valve behind the cab between the frame rails is. That is where the air is dumping out.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the first decision needs to be whether you wish to build a functional CTIS or whether you disconnect and plug it in a manner that lets you verify air pressures conventionally and leave it at that. CTIS can be an expensive proposition to maintain in working order. People here have done both.

tobyS

My suggestion is to plug CTIS or remove it entirely. There are way too many places for something to mess up as the air passage goes through bearings, under it....x6. Imagine holding air pressure in all wheel bearings....it's bound to fail.

Clean and repaint the rims. Get new Orings and put in new Haldex big bore valve stems and take all the CTIS and weights off. Static balance.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is going to be a fire truck correct? If so you need the truck 100% ready to go when your called, and not spend an hour trouble shooting all your flat tires so you CAN go again Correct? Like was said earlier CTIS introduced a few things to the Deuces and reliability sure seems like it was not one of them. CTIS is had to maintain, its expensive to maintain and it reliability is questionable, CTIS adds everything to the truck that I am pretty sure YOU or your dept does not want or need. Disconnect it and treat in like a conventional truck and all of you will be better off.
Karl

tobyS

I'm more impressed that the OP has 15 posts in 9 years. That's some next level lurker status there #forumgoals

LOL....no kidding. Watch the number of views as apposed to the number of comments. There must be a lot that are occasional too.

Last edited:

fasttruck

Air dumping from device with wires ? Do these trucks have an air dryer like a M915 ? I have little hands on with an A3 so I don't know, but it sounds like the ejector valve on an air dryer is stuck open. If so, try tapping it lightly with a rubber hammer and see if it seats. Otherwise replace the ejector valve. They are known to freeze open in winter time but that should not be an issue now.

chief339hvfd

Thanks for the help. The ctis is the problem. Did diconnect, service the dryer and all is well. Thanks everybody for the help. This will be a dependable truck!

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks