• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Planning on buying a M998

Beastaroo

I was planning on buying a M998 from govplanet, and I was wondering if any HMMVW owners could share their experience and any tips that could speed up the process or prevent me from slowing it down.

teteacher101

I was planning on buying a M998 from govplanet, and I was wondering if any HMMVW owners could share their experience and any tips that could speed up the process or prevent me from slowing it down.
There really isn't a way to speed things up with the Government. Just make sure you fill out all the info correctly as mistakes can slow up the process. Then check on the status every 2-3 weeks or so. From the day I won the bid till the day I picked it up on base the whole process took 16 weeks.

NormB

Read EVERY post in the “what did you do to your HMMWV today?”

Hold out for a 6.5L GEP engine.

If you have no intention of cruising on the interstate, the venerable TH300 turbo 3 speed is good enough, IF it’s running through a 242 model transfer case.

There’s more, much more, but read the posts.

Don’t buy the first truck that catches your eye.

And post pictures.

Norm

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or buy from someone so you have no waiting and can go test drive the truck....auction buying is not for everyone.
2 trucks in 2weeks in the shop from customers who paid 10k each....blown motors, and both were GEP.
those trucks were ultimately purchased by me at less then half of what they paid just to rid themselves of the hassle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks