• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m-817 First start a no go.

PeteNora

I went to where my M-817 is stored. Truck is supposed to run. The temps are mid 40's this afternoon. Anyway brought 20 gallons of fuel. Loaded it with additives. Two new Interstate 12 volt batteries. Everything seems to be able to work. Primed to 80 psi., fuel heater on, 1/3 throttle and just cranks. Tried it about 8 times and the batteries were getting low. Never fired once. I have never owned this series Cummins and how they start. I was alone and a lot of snow on it and around it. The fuel primer likes to drip on the floor but still pumps up easily. Maybe its just to cold for it. I did not take any ether to tease it. Any ideas?

PeteNora

Was it last shut down with the emergency shut down cable instead of the switch?
That I can not answer. I did do a once over on all the controls and I did pull the emergency shut down. It did seem to function ok. I did do that last weekend when I went overe everything. When it did not fire I did pull and release it twice. It seemed to return ok.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
That I can not answer. I did do a once over on all the controls and I did pull the emergency shut down. It did seem to function ok. I did do that last weekend when I went overe everything. When it did not fire I did pull and release it twice. It seemed to return ok.
I'm fairly certain you need to open the hood and reset the shut off now.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Ok I can do this. Is there a reason to reset this. I assume its just a push pull cable. What goes wrong? Just trying to learn the quirks on these trucks. And I do appreciate the help.
Nothing goes wrong but once it's tripped the cable does nothing until it's reset at the other end. Until then the truck won't start.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor

PeteNora

I could come and take a look at it , I live in big bay and work in Negaunee
give me a call 360-1438
Thanks for the offer. I believe I learned on the emergency shut off. If that fails I will call you. Main issue is the snow and its in Spread Eagle Wi. So to go there it would have to be lunch on me and lots of beer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks