• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 charging issues

ozarkphoneman

Hello from SW Missouri! I am a new member to Steel Soldiers and a owner of a M1010. The truck has a charging issues. It does not charge the front battery. Someone has strapped diodes (tiny) on the front of the blue box one of which is burned in half. At idle I have 26 volts in series, 14 volts on the rear battery and the front battery (after charging) has 12 volts. Is it time to convert to a 12 volt system? I have considered keeping the 24VDC system to run radios/cameras but if the blue box is the weak link..... Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

joshuak

The blue box is part of the DUVAC charging system M1010 were outfitted with. Searching the site with that term should yield good reading material.

AFAIK, to eliminate the DUVAC system there are two similar mods that have proven to work, Plan B and alternate plan B.

I chose the alternate plan B and it's worked great so far, link.

Edit: I see it's your first post, welcome aboard!

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OP your location says JOMO.
Is that short for Joplin, Missouri?

Need to list a state for your location

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1010 alternatorives 12 volt or 24 volt options

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?59917-How-to-post-pictures-a-tutorial

You're from one of my favorite battleships. She was even in the Gulf War.

P3251743.jpg

It's your first posts here so Welcome to Steel Soldiers, the 1010 journey and finding decades of trouble free running.

I posted a link to help post pictures and I'll pour a warm beverage while you fix the truck. Mine was switched to 12 volt by a gent that found the how to info here on Steel Soldiers. Switching to 12v has its draw backs with the heater and a/c in the back wanting 24v. There are options so the shortest path to the goal line gets you in the drivers seat fastest, if that's the plan.

The TM's, Technical Manuals are at the top of the page and I had to ask a ton of questions to navigate through them so if you're not sure where or how to find info, just knock.

Best of luck on the fix and try to give us a thousand words with some photos.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks