• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M101A2

Jw370

Hello all

Just joined the site as Steel Soldiers was invaluable to my research on my trailer. Just picked a parkhurst 101a2 in great condition.

It doesn't have surge brakes or parking brakes, so the owner either put in on a diet or it came that way. He said it had a generator mounted on it.

Can someone please tell me what kind of trailer jack will fit on this frame mount? It has a massive spring wheel on the front and probably weights 50 lbs.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We need a better pic of the "A" frame. That setup is not stock though. You will be looking into something custom.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely not stock.
Has the axle been replaced also?

Too bad.
The surge brake system works great when properly maintained.

Edit.
Looks like a Bulldog or similar jack with snap ring mount will work.
A good trailer or farm store will have some to match up.

Last edited:

Jw370

Axle and 8 lugs are still on the trailer. It doesn’t even look like it has the parking brakes on the trailer. It a strange build compared to the other ones I have seen. I will be replacing the axles with 3500 and 16 wheels to shave more weight.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please include a state in your location.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
THat bracket on the frame is for a "bulldog" type swivel jack leg - may be other manufacturers that are similar. They have them at Tractor Supply type places.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_1738.jpgIMG_1739.jpg

I just took these pics at my local TSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks