• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator question.

Hummer731

Hey I'm new to the hmmwv game. Have a 6.2 1987 4 door hard top. I have a question that has probably been asked multiple times. What alternators are available that can be used on the hmmwv in place of the original 60amp generator? It needs replaced but the original are very expensive. Just need info on what you guys have used. I'm not worried about keeping it original looking. Thanks for the help.

Big Tom

I just took a 200 amp dual voltage alt off to put on a 60 amp ,have used alt and all mounting brackets .Pm me if you are interested alt does work fine

Big Tom

Big Tom

It’s a truck we’re working on a my shop for a customer , the 200 is way bigger than need and it hard on the vee belts on on deceleration and just a wast of engine power just my thoughts .

Big Tom

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s a truck we’re working on a my shop for a customer , the 200 is way bigger than need and it hard on the vee belts on on deceleration and just a wast of engine power just my thoughts .

Big Tom
If it is a dual 12V/24V your customer might appreciate the versatility

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Big Tom
You did your customer a disservice and terrible down Grade. I’ve NEVER replaced a failed 200amp gen, just a bad regulator, that’s a 3min process.
i just took no less then 5 60amp gens to scrap yard....they have served there usefulness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks