• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Full M939 firetruck service guidance questions

azkcr

Howdy y'all.
We built a pretty sizable firetruck from an m939 a while back for our brushfires.
It's actually gone down with us and helped in Houston after the hurricane.
We've done regular maintenance, but I want bumper to bumper full maintenance done since it was in 6' of water and it's seen a lot of dirt.

Do y'all have any tips/tricks for fluid types?
I know the TMs but I've read other options might be better.
It's a company owned vehicle, so budget is, large.

Anything I should check during this 1000 point inspection?

Thanks again for helping.
Ben
20180130_170249.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why re-invent the wheel. Stick to the TM guidance. Six feet of water could really contaminate the trucks systems.
A bumper to bumperette service would include all filters; air, hyd, and oil. All fluids; eng, trans, transfer, check axles/bearings.
Grease will be the big task, every zerk will need a good purge, buy a lot of grease. Also, stick to the TM recommended
consumables. No upgrades required. Save the budget, the truck will probably in 6 feet of water sooner than later. You'll be repeating the process.

dmetalmiki

( I would, ) Start with the 'heavy' maintenance' first. (That is to,) remove all the wheels and carry out a thorough inspection clean and service of the brakes and bearings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks