• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Light switch repair

Miscexpense

I’m one that likes to see if it can be repaired before I jump on buying new. Someone messing around with my switch didn’t know to unlock first. Now the light switch does not engage. Has anyone ever repaired theirs? Or just spend the $75 and order from fleabay.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Disconnect the batteries BEFORE removing and/or fixing/replacing!

papakb

Advice to the wise: stick with the 3 lever switch. While the E version looks cool they're no more reliable and to operate it you need to look at it whereas the 3 lever switch can be operated by touch.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Believe it or not, not all 3 lever switches are created the same. My 998's switch would trip off after about 15 min of driving. It had a date of June 1992 on it. A friend gave me a NOS switch dated May 2014 on it. When Installed and turned it on every light would come on no matter what position the top lever was in. Other than being turned off. I found a old switch I had from a 715 I had back in the 90's It was dated OCT 1967. I installed it and now every thing works like it should. Other than the 24087 paint and the date the difference I see is that's it's all metal. The levers are metal, not plastic. I can see BRASS shafts that the levers mount to. Not plastic. It has flat head machine screws instead of Philips into plastic. I guess everything even 3 lever switches get cheaper over time. They just don't make them like they used to. I bet they are made in china too.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
NOT all the same. Watch out for imported knock offs. Anything electrical, lights, switches, flashers, turn controls, gauges, speedo's, etc. Just saying........:driver:

Been down that road, CAMO

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks