• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual CTIS Mounting on Cab Overhead

MacGreenie

Good day to everyone,

2003 LMTV 1078 A1. 12000 miles.

I took the very fine work and ideas contributed by ronmar and tjhuffy and installed my own manual CTIS system.

I’ll attach photos shortly.

Are used half inch line, DOT rated with push-lock fittings and an air regulator I bought at Napa which appeared to be fairly good quality.

I followed ronmar and tjhuffy’s directions regarding how to open the CTIS valves and how to purge the air from the axles after an air-up or air-down operation is complete.

It works as advertised!

I also replaced all the wheel valves as some of them had come apart inside and the rubber from 2003 was in pretty rough shape.

Thanks to all who created the system and I was happy to run away with their very good idea and achieve success as well.

Thanks guys!

MacGreenie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacGreenie

Top photo is the mounting place overhead center in the cab and the next photo shows the air lines where I led them around the corner of the windshield and down to the PCU at the passenger side foot well.

I secured the gauge and regulator assembly with large zip ties using the existing Adel Clamps that hold the wires for the cab marker lights.

By mounting it up and out of the way, no one has to worry about catching it on their clothing or catching a purse on it or having the little kiddies in the gunner’s seat kick it and turn a valve by mistake.

coachgeo

https://uploads.tapatalk- PICs [ /IMG]

Top photo is ... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]When you get chance please upload the pics here using the upload feature so this awesome job gets archived. Tapatalk does NOT upload pics to here...... they upload to their owner servers (hence the link) and will eventually purge them or request payment to keep them as all other pic hosting sites have done in the last 20+ years

MacGreenie

It’s really noisy when you release the air from the axles after pumping up the tires. So I absolutely need some sort of muffler for it.

The first time I bled off the pressure my wife just about went through the roof.

Can’t do that more than once!

ramdough

It’s really noisy when you release the air from the axles after pumping up the tires. So I absolutely need some sort of muffler for it.

The first time I bled off the pressure my wife just about went through the roof.

Can’t do that more than once!

I know this would make things less clean looking, but you might run a hose from the vent valve through the floor and then put a bronze muffler on it. That way the noise is further away from your head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks