• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeep step MG mount modification

mreyloc

IMG_5302.jpgIMG_5315.jpgIMG_5303.jpgIMG_5316.jpgIMG_5304.jpgIMG_5305.jpgHi All,

I bought a step step mount for my jeep to set up a .30 cal but as everyone knows, the windshield hits the mount when you go to raise or lower it.

First I determined where the mount needed to be so it wouldn’t be obstructed then I took some cardboard and made a template. I had some scrap 10 gauge steel and torch cut out 2 templates and ground them down to size. I cut a little over an inch strip for the outside.

Once welded together I fit the MG Mount to the new “bracket” I ground a little too much off the edge of the mount but it turned out okay. Then welded the mount to the new step bracket. I then drilled the holes for the 2 bolts in the mount. I’m going to media blast everything then fill in edged with bondo to smooth out then paint.

Dont mind the awkward green color of the Jeep. I still need to repaint in the proper OD green.

Hope this gives others an idea on a better solution so the windshield is not obstructed by the mount.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks