• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101/M1102 for Alaskan expedition

djglover7

Forum,

A general question to start all of this (my M1102 is inbound).

Has anyone modified/outfitted and M1101/02 for a trip that will be 50/50 highway vs gravel?

I would like to get thoughts on weight/balance, fuel cans, spare wheels, etc.

I will be converting the wheels to match a 2016 Silverado 2500 4x4 (8 x 180mm lug pattern).

Dennis in Texas

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search the old threads.
A lot of guys have done some amazing camper/expedition builds with these trailers.

Very ingenious ideas to utilize the space available.
Some use the S-250 shelter and others build their own.

As mentioned, the trailers are WAY overbuilt and can handle a lot more than a civilian trailer of same size.

djglover7

M1101/M1102 canopy base question

Forum,

I will be taking possession of a late model M1102 next week. I need to provide a set of towing taillights and tow it approx. 75 miles. I currently do not have access to the trailer.
I have a tow light setup but I would like to bolt it down to the corners where the canopy base attaches (crimped nut inserts facing UP). Does anyone know the thread pitch?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forum,

I will be taking possession of a late model M1102 next week. I need to provide a set of towing taillights and tow it approx. 75 miles. I currently do not have access to the trailer.
I have a tow light setup but I would like to bolt it down to the corners where the canopy base attaches (crimped nut inserts facing UP). Does anyone know the thread pitch?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis
Get the NSN or part # from the TM (in the trailers section of the TM forum) and run the NSN or part # through parttarget.
http://www.parttarget.com/

Zed254

Last edited:

tbearatkin

I used a set of magnetic lights and attached them to the top of the tailgate of the trailer. Worked fine and did not fall off for the four hour trip back home.

Last edited:

djglover7

Wheel adapters to go from M1102 8x6.5 to GM 8x180mm.

I am getting ready to purchase wheel adapters to go from M1102 8x6.5 to GM 8x180mm.

Question I have is; what is the M1102 hub center ring diameter? I think it is supposed to be 126.1mm.

Dennis in Texas

Skinner23

I used the magnetic ones about a week ago on mine. I let the tailgate down and used the little swing latches (which aren’t aluminum) that lock the tailgate closed to stick them on. Worked perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djglover7

Done deal.

Done deal. Let the mods begin. First thing is to get 8x6.5 to 8x180mm wheel adapters. Does anyone know about the adapters needing to be "hub centric" ?
20190405_172047.jpg

djglover7

You could just shop around for older wheels: I used 2000 GMC van wheels..... https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?181242-M116A3-with-2000-GMC-1-Ton-Van-Wheels

My 'new' wheels and tires eventually made it to my M1101.
I want the wheels to match my 2016 Silverado 2500 4x4. They are 8x180mm (and I have two complete sets, 8 wheels).

The benefit is to have all wheels match when I am way out nowhere. I can can carry two spares and be rather certain that a single wheel/tire failure will not start a meltdown.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks