• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009: Glow plug module: wait light is on, but glow plug relay doesn't energyze

McLovin

Had today a closer look to the card.
Nothing strange, black or brocken pins.
Asked here a local electronic shop via email, if they can check the card.
Let's see.
If i understood it right, a transistor has always 3 pins, collector (C), basis (B) and emitter (E).
But this one 4, I mean it has 3 pins and the transistor body is soldered to the plate, but ok.
If (B) has more than 0,7V then it activates the transistor, and current can flow from (C) to (E).
But now, i dont understand, where are here B and C and E.
Is it really a NPN transistor, or a PNP.

In the picture bellow you can see, how the ground needs to flow (not sure, can ground flow or not :) )

Sorry for confusion, would like just to understand this logic.

glow_card_rear_2.jpg

McLovin

Still waiting for the electronic shop response.
Checked the Hill Billy Wizard shop in the meanwhile.
It seems, that they dont offer this cards anymore.

Know someone this guys?
Is there also an other source for this cards?

Thank you.

McLovin

Got the response today.
They have checked the card.
All components are ok except the IC.
They have said, that this IC has been created only for this special purpose and its not buyable here in Germany.

So, had someone such an 'IC' failure in the past and was able to repair it?

@319cssb, I would accept your offer, to send my card to yor for further checks, so is your offer still active?

McLovin

I'm thinking about just using the contact on the glow card for the WAIT lamp (as it is functioning at the moment).
I mean, its providing ground during WAIT lamp is on.
I could use it, to energize an additional relay, which would provide ground to the glow plug relay.
OK, i would not have the 'after glow' functionality, but this is the best option in my situation.

Any better ideas maybe?

*UPDATE*
I think, the groud, which is coming from the card, should be disconnected from the glow plug relay, to avoid the DEADLOCK.
Because, if I can remember right, guys who install the manual button, the WAIT lamp will run, as long button is pushed.

In my situation, WAIT lamp will never go out after the additional relay has been energized.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks