• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1061A1 leveling jack question

gstirling

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M1061A1 trailer and one of the leveling jacks appears to not be working (mine has square legs), handle turns but the leg does not retract or extend. the manual TM-9-2330-376-14 only shows the leg as a unit and no interior details as to how it works. So two questions:
has any one taking one apart, and any advice before i start trying to open mine up?
any one have a leg for sale, i'm in knoxville TN?

thanks

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Legs should be available commercially at any heavy trailer shop.
Just swap the feet.
Croft Trailer should have something that heavy duty.
www.crofttrailer.com

If you take it apart, do it slow and take pictures to help In reassembly.
Busted gear pin or stripped gears are usually the culprits.
Anything is possible.

tobyS

I'm with Gimpyrobb, probably a shear pin on the gear.

My word of wisdom....don't drop it on your foot. You can probably take the end cover off with it still mounted to see if there is a pin sheared.

gstirling

Steel Soldiers Supporter
update on leveling jack, got it off the trailer (yes its heavy, managed to not drop it on my foot...LOL). first thing i then noticed is the square end of the shaft that you put the handle on, is a pressed on piece. mine was spinning on the shaft. so looked for a shear pin or other means of attachment to the shaft and verified it is pressed on. so welded it to the shaft. now it does not spin on the shaft. shaft is still locked. opening up the jack top cover, still no obvious reason for it being bound up. murphy's law stepped in and the drift pin that holds the bevel gear on to the crank shaft is stuck at such an angle that it can't be driven out with out hitting the gear below. so working to drill out the pin- i think its made of an undrillable material.. lol. once out, i should be able to remove the shaft and gear and access the actual inner jack shaft and get it apart to see whats got it locked.

will take pics once i get it apart.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks