• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 Condition

Thenewgrit

GP has been selling 3 or 4 M101 trailers a week for the last several weeks. Some on Yermo, CA, some in Texas or Louisiana. They are in varying stages of decay and typically bring $400 to $600. Most will need new tires at least. They also have the newer M101A2 with 8 stud tubeless wheels and surge brakes. The well will soon run dry on these things as it did for M35s, M37s, and CUTVs. Then you will be reduced to private sellers.
While looking at past "Sold" trailers on GovPlanet I saw how there were a lot from Whitehall, OH which is basically Columbus right down the road from me. The DoD has the Defense Supply Center in Columbus so that may have something to do with it.

I am definitely keeping my eye on that site, though it seems things get posted in waves there so I'm waiting for the next wave of post.

DeadParrot

One point in favor of the M101 family is the tub is easy to remove if you want to make a custom trailer. Here is my M101A1 with the tub off while I was fixing it up. One of my first GL purchases. There is enough room under the tail for a spare tire carrier. The green was a clearance gallon of Rustoleum from Lowes.

101a1-chassis.JPG

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You presumed correctly my truck is rated for 7000lbs conventional towing. Now how agile and aggressive it would be Im not sure. The M101A2 would be great for the extra space and cargo to have at basecamp. And I even saw a thread on here with a guy and his M101A2 at Moab.
The M101A2/3 is the best overall trailer the Military used, in my opinion.
I have had quite a few Jeep owners ask me where they can get one.
The trailers are tough and the surge brakes are wonderful when properly restored/maintained.
Plenty of examples on SS that show how guys made the trailer ride level when towed behind a civilian truck.

If you get one, you will absolutely love it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks