• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Again a newbie

McLovin

Hey guys,

my name is Eduard, 41, from Germany, a big fan of the US CUCV's and restore my M1009 since almost 3 years and try to manage the rest of the time with my kids and wife 8)
Here since 2012 as a 'silent reader', love this forum and now wanted just to introduce me :mrgreen:

Thank you and keep up the good work [thumbzup]

lack1.jpglack2.jpglack3.jpg

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and hobby.
Where about in Germany is your location?.
(Also place your location in your avatar please).
As you probably know there are a lot of your countrymen on the site, And we meet a few at the War and Peace show every year here in the U.K.

Last edited:

Katavic918

Welcome from Maryland USA. Do you have most of the parts to complete? Does it currently run? Do you have any pictures of when you originally got it?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky, USA.
Post up some more photos, looks like you really are restoring that truck.

McLovin

Thank you thank you guys :-D
Have bought it here in germany from a belgian guy and driven the truck just maybe 400 meters, not more.
It has 4" lift with blocks in the read, original axles and 37's.
It was rusty, durty, loud and from everywhere came oil out, means engine oil pan, tranny and the differentials.
Someone would say 'CATASTROPHE!!!', but I felt in love lol
This was in 2016.
3 years later, I'm still working on it.
But hey, good things take long.

At the moment body work, paint and rust preventions (fliud film, perma film and mike sanders) are finished.
Also the wiring is almost done.
Have some troubles with the glow card.

Bougth also a 'rebuilded' TH400. Its on the table in my garage, looks good, shaft play is in spec.
I will just install it and see, what it does :)

A new 4" rough country lift with leafs in front and rear, new shocks and dropman arm are also here.

Then i will rebuid the axles and bring everything together.

I have bought already axles from a M1008 with a detroit locker in the rear, but this is later, for the future :)

Regarding pictures, I dont have pictures before I have started to disassemble it, but check my album, there are some of them.
I will upload soon more pics as I can :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks