• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton Brake Light

holley68

My M51A2 brake lights work, but the brakes will not turn them on. I haven't been able to track down a switch.

What signals the brake lights to come on when hitting brakes?

Scrounger

There are two types of switches, one hydraulic, the other air. Whichever switch you have will be under the cab by the master cylinder/ air pack. Without going back and looking, I think the ones that worked off brake fluid pressure were replaced later with ones that worked from air pressure. Something about when the brake fluid ones failed/ leaked it would cause loss of brakes.

Both switches have two connectors. Once you find the switch it is a simple matter of using a volt meter to check for voltage while soldier B presses on the brake pedal.

holley68

Scrounge, thanks for the reply.

I found the brake lights switch. It seemed ok, so I started tracking the wire back to the cab. It was cut near the cab. Had to add a little bit of wire, but works properly now.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks