Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: MEP-003a No voltage

Thanks

I will re-test the CVT1 and CT1 at some point. Right now I'm in a crunch to finish the popup camper I'm restoring before I take it camping Friday. I also need to replace the exhaust manifolds on my F150 and the entire exhaust system back from there before then.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,467 Times in 2,200 Posts

I have once again slogged through this whole thread. Like Ray, I agree that it cant be diodes. It puts out voltage with terminal #17 disconnected on the A1. You have replaced/tested all components in the control cube, (CC). So its got to be in the AC output box. OTHER then a wire that goes from the CC to the output box. Like for instance, the wires to the Transformers, T2 and T3. But that's the only thing I might even think of, and its a way long shot. Simple to test.

But it still feels like its got to be in the output box. You need to pull it off the set, take it apart, and test everything in that circuit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyfang For This Useful Post:

juddspaintballs (05-14-2019)

Thanks

I will do that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juddspaintballs View Post
    Starter interrupter switch is now working properly. When engine speed comes up, the push rod moves the interrupter switch so the starter doesn't engage while holding the start switch. No voltage at the output lugs, no voltage or frequency on the gauges, no voltage at the convenience outlet.

Is my next test to follow procedure 8-2 in the -34 manual? "Disconnect the voltage regulator at the exciter wires (wires P67C16 at TB3-5 and P60E16 at TB3-6). Connect a 12 volt battery in place of the regulator with the (+) terminal to TB3-6 and (-) terminal to TB3-5. Run the engine with the battery in place of the voltage regulator. If there is output now, the voltage regulator is bad. If there is no output, the main alternator is bad."
    FYI

tb3 is under the regulator rectifier you have to remove the blower housing (if I'm wrong please let me know).good luck with the correct wire to un- hook or the locatio on the tb my gen set is not marked. I have no Idea which wire to un hook.
    Butch

You don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
    You don't bring a knife to a knife fight.
    You bring a gun to a knife fight.
    (Butchism #75)

M944A1
    r
    MEP 003
    KK4UKN Technician class

Thanks

TB3 is in the AC output box on the right hand side towards the front of the box.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juddspaintballs For This Useful Post:

Farmitall (05-15-2019), Guyfang (05-15-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,467 Times in 2,200 Posts

You are going to make a fine generator mechanic!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11