• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo angle drive-busted

Privatewrench

So I'm enjoying a nice drive to my buddies house yesterday and my speedometer drops to zero even though I'm cruzing at 50. After some checking i found that the back side of the angle drive must have had a screw on cap. As the pics show, cap is gone and all the gearing poured out.:cry: I've been checking the usual places to buy a replacement, or maybe just the innerds, with no luck.
Anyone out there have a recommendation on finding a replacement.
Thanks for any advice!

20190328_124457.jpg20190328_124515.jpg

Flyingvan911

I had something similar happen. Speedo showed zero. The end had backed out part way. I cleaned and lubed everything and put it back in. I now check that frequently. Even in between grease jobs.

Privatewrench

I had something similar happen. Speedo showed zero. The end had backed out part way. I cleaned and lined everything and put it back in. I now check that frequently. Even in between grease jobs.
Yup...I added it to my maintenance log for now on too...at least once I find the parts.

Flyingvan911

It’s also a good time to check the seal that keeps the transfer case lube out of the speedo adapter. My seal went out and started slinging lube oil everywhere.

Privatewrench

A big shout out to Tracer for sourcing me a replacement angle drive. Memphis Equipment has many in stock, and I have one on the way!:naner:

I guess I'll work on installing my backup lights while I wait on the speedo part. I'll be cruising again by the end of the week.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks