• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaky cylinders

Jamesm417

Does anyone have a more detailed schematic of the bucket cylinder line routing on the back of the boom?
This diagram seems to show the bends in the hard line nearest the stick, or rear of machine.
My machine had them toward the front.
Also, are there any tricks to how the rubber hoses should be positioned through the "elbow" between the boom and stick?

Thanks,

Jim

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 5.55.40 PM.jpg

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't help you with that, James, but do keep the basics in mind; leave a bit extra to accommodate movement at any bends, and don't forget to take into account how much shorter the hoses get when under pressure.
The latter almost came back and bit me when I ran the hoses for the snow blower from rear to front.

419g

Screenshot_20210806-1851545_Photos.jpgThis thread seems an appropriate place to ask if the piston can be put in reversed? or is it symmetrical? I recently had a new gland rod and seals put in a M35 dipper cylinder because the rod was too rusty, in the process of removing the gland the shop had to destroy the old Dipper cylinder gland to get it out. Now the Latch on the top of the cab pulls up short (to the passenger side) bout an 2" - 3.5" because the bucket will not tuck up against the bottom guard rail. I'm thinking the rod G109187I got off popular Auction site may be too short or the gland I got from ExImports was too long or the piston (if it is asymmetrical) was installed upside down?

Last edited:

419g

I could only find an image for a 580k piston being auctioned on ebay but it looks like this, I imagine the 580e 580d m35c is similar? I am pretty sure they put the piston in upside down now if the bolt can fit both ways?, We will see next time I get to work on it is a week away.
Screenshot 2021-08-10 3.20.00 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-08-10 3.19.45 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-08-10 3.18.43 PM.png

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks