• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 CUCV fuel pump

Keith_J

The pump is $20 anywhere. The problem is access, you cannot see the rear bolt.
First clamp supply line. Then use a crowfoot wrench to crack output flare nut. Then pull supply line. Remove both bolts, then the adapter plate.

Glue the new gasket to the adapter plate, then grease the pushrod with thick grease. Shove the pushrod all the way in while turning the crank with a breaker bar and socket to make sure the cam is on base circle. It should all go back together.
Or throw $200 on it.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Highly recommend you buy the ACDELCO or Delphi Pump.

I initially used a cheap one to get truck running and it lasted a whole two weeks.
Replaced it with a ACDELCO pump and no issues since.
That was over three years ago.

The pump is an absolute pain to change and anything to reduce the time in between changes is worth way more than the extra few bucks the quality brand will cost.

cucvrus

Quick fuel pump tip. I can change a fuel pump on a CUCV in less than an hour. I do it topside and never get fuel in my face. I remove the passengers side Generator 2 brackets and all. Makes the whole job a breeze. If you choose disconnect the batteries. I don't and never had a any trouble. Also always be aware of the lever that activates the pump. The pump action takes place within the first 1/2-1" of lever compression. Some pumps that will fit right on the 6.2 have a lever with free play in the first 1/2-1" of compression. I have seen it more than once. Do as you wish on brand of fuel pump. I have bought them from the GM dealer and I have bought them at NAPA, Autozone and Jose's Mexican discount parts. All have achieved the same results. While there changing the pump. Change the push rod cover plate gasket. And grease the push rod with some chassis grease and shove it up in there. Assemble everything and make sure everything on the pump is started and after that tighten everything . Tighten the 2 M6 cover plate bolts from the bottom last. Replace the 2 hose clamps on the rubber feed line. Good Luck. Report back. Just trying to help and make the job as easy as it is. On a scale of 1 to 10 this is a 2 with 10 being difficult. Clean and paint as you go and enjoy the hobby. Take care. Be prepared to get dirty hands.

Matt5

Banned
You can change the fuel pump on a cucv in like 15 min... sorry IDK how to exactly and the guy who does finds this site... well he don't post here... lol

Anyway I would buy a AM GENERAL pump had enough of the made in china garbage ones going bad. It fits however not exact... (have a used one on mine that replaced a new FAILED carcrap pump).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks