Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Any CVRT owners near southern nh?

  1. #1
    Private
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Default Any CVRT owners near southern nh?

    Continuing my research into ownership of a CVRT but have yet to actually see one up close. I live near Nashua nh and thought Iíd check around to see if thereís anyone within an hour or so, that I could spend a few hours with me to show me theirs.
    Thanks
    Mike

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeMikeMike For This Useful Post:

    USAFSS-ColdWarrior (03-29-2019)

  3. #2
    Chaplain USAFSS-ColdWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Angelo, Tom Green County, Texas USA
    Posts
    16,477
    Thanks
    54,990
    Thanked 21,429 Times in 7,420 Posts

    Default

    For those, like me, who can't pull the full name of a CVRT out of thin air, here's what WIKI helped me translate....

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV101_Scorpion

    CVRT = Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked) such as the FV101 Scorpion.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to USAFSS-ColdWarrior For This Useful Post:

    1944mb (03-31-2019), CMPPhil (03-31-2019), m715mike (03-31-2019), marchplumber (04-05-2019)

  5. #3
    Private
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Great little vehicle, I have owned a couple for several years. You can still pick up crated engines from GBP750 - GBP1200 and most little parts are available in the UK.
    Brake seals and components, only take a week to arrive if you need them. Wheels and tracks also you see them come up for sale .I have even got a rebuilt Transmission (TN15 ) for sale if you need one for the petrol engine type.Have spare final drives and takeout gearboxes if you want to stock up on spares. Cheers Andrew.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Rowe For This Useful Post:

    marchplumber (04-05-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (03-30-2019)

  7. #4
    Private
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFSS-ColdWarrior View Post
    For those, like me, who can't pull the full name of a CVRT out of thin air, here's what WIKI helped me translate....

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV101_Scorpion

    CVRT = Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked) such as the FV101 Scorpion.
    Hi yes sorry, figured they were more well known. Iím looking into the fv103 spartan specifically but any in that class will do as they are all variants of the same platform.
    Thanks
    Mike

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeMikeMike For This Useful Post:

    USAFSS-ColdWarrior (03-30-2019)

  9. #5
    Private
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Rowe View Post
    Great little vehicle, I have owned a couple for several years. You can still pick up crated engines from GBP750 - GBP1200 and most little parts are available in the UK.
    Brake seals and components, only take a week to arrive if you need them. Wheels and tracks also you see them come up for sale .I have even got a rebuilt Transmission (TN15 ) for sale if you need one for the petrol engine type.Have spare final drives and takeout gearboxes if you want to stock up on spares. Cheers Andrew.
    Thanks Andrew. Always good to know who has spares. Iíd probably be looking into the gas variant due to the larger availability of (and generally cheaper) parts despite the advantages of diesel. Also noticed the contractor for the road wheels and tracks still makes them new and even with bolt on pads. Always a plus to have access to parts!
    Thanks
    Mike

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeMikeMike For This Useful Post:

    USAFSS-ColdWarrior (03-30-2019)

  11. #6
    Colonel CMPPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Temple, NH
    MVPA
    3083
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 459 Times in 190 Posts

    Default Helpful addition to the thread

    Quote Originally Posted by USAFSS-ColdWarrior View Post
    For those, like me, who can't pull the full name of a CVRT out of thin air, here's what WIKI helped me translate....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV101_Scorpion
    CVRT = Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked) such as the FV101 Scorpion.
    Thanks for adding the link to discription, helps to put vehicle picture with the acronym. I know from experience that everybody knows what a CMP HUP is but that's a horse of a different color.

    But to Mikes original question any CVRT owners in near Southern New Hampshire, don't remember his name or where he lives but there has been a, I believe, FV101 Scorpion at the Weare Summer Rally several time over the last few years, perhaps the owner is on SteelSoldiers and will chime in . There have also been several other lite armor and armored personal carriers there as well.

    With the MVPA Convention in PA this year not sure how much armor we will see Weare this year, sometimes when two good events happen so close together the armor owners take the tracks to one event and drive the rubber tired vehicles to the other.

    Cheers Phil

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to CMPPhil For This Useful Post:

    USAFSS-ColdWarrior (03-31-2019)

  13. #7
    Private
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPPhil View Post
    Thanks for adding the link to discription, helps to put vehicle picture with the acronym. I know from experience that everybody knows what a CMP HUP is but that's a horse of a different color.

    But to Mikes original question any CVRT owners in near Southern New Hampshire, don't remember his name or where he lives but there has been a, I believe, FV101 Scorpion at the Weare Summer Rally several time over the last few years, perhaps the owner is on SteelSoldiers and will chime in . There have also been several other lite armor and armored personal carriers there as well.

    With the MVPA Convention in PA this year not sure how much armor we will see Weare this year, sometimes when two good events happen so close together the armor owners take the tracks to one event and drive the rubber tired vehicles to the other.

    Cheers Phil
    Thanks Phil! I was unaware of the show in weare. Spent the last hour looking over their website. Thatís not far from me so Iíll put it on my calendar along with my annual visit to the Collings foundation in Stowe ma. I saw the scorpion you mentioned in their photos and Iíll dig a little deeper to see if thereís any mention of the owner. With the cost and speed of transportation they probably donít live far from weare!
    Mike

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeMikeMike For This Useful Post:

    USAFSS-ColdWarrior (03-31-2019)

  15. #8
    3 Star General
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 310 Times in 174 Posts

    Default

    The guy Phil is referring to is Martin Cox. He is on here, but he sold his vehicle. There is a nice FV101 Scorpion for sale at the Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles if you are looking to buy.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kubotaman For This Useful Post:

    CMPPhil (03-31-2019), USAFSS-ColdWarrior (03-31-2019)

  17. #9
    Private
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kubotaman View Post
    The guy Phil is referring to is Martin Cox. He is on here, but he sold his vehicle. There is a nice FV101 Scorpion for sale at the Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles if you are looking to buy.
    Thanks for the info. I found the 101 you mentioned. Looks pretty nice and Iíd probably consider it but Iím after the apc variant.
    Thanks again
    Mike

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeMikeMike For This Useful Post:

    USAFSS-ColdWarrior (04-02-2019)

  19. #10
    Private
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Thereís also a spartan down in in GA but for the price increase on domestic units Iím leaning towards importing. We will see though and who knows. Over my time frame there will probably be more that come up for sale here in the states and the price difference may narrow.
    Mike

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeMikeMike For This Useful Post:

    USAFSS-ColdWarrior (04-02-2019)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •