• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

US Army SSG Atkins - Bozeman, MT Memorial Day Parade 2019

1944mb

As a fellow Montanan, I wanted to take a moment to post about US Army SSG Atkins, who this week was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his actions in Iraq, June 1, 2007. SSG Atkins was a Bozeman, Montana native who paid the ultimate sacrifice protecting his country and the men he served with by shielding them, with his body, from a suicide bomber. His parents, in a ceremony this week, received the CMH from US President Trump. You can read and watch a couple stories on his family and his sacrifice here.
https://video.foxnews.com/v/6019932660001/#sp=show-clips
https://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/atkins/

As such, this Memorial Day parade(May27), is anticipated to be much more involved in Bozeman, MT. The grand marshals are befittingly gold star family members, of which are estimated to be around 100. Montana Military Vehicle Preservation Club(MMVPC)(of whom I am recently a member), is the organization tasked with transportation of these honored families down main street. Their request was 2.5 ton trucks as their transportation of choice. We currently have 6-2.5ton/5ton trucks, 14 jeeps and 1 weapons carrier. This is an invitation if anyone was looking to join MMVPC and drive their vehicle in the parade, or just show up and pay our critical respects to those who dedicate their lives to our safety(and their familiFB59B5E1-33F7-4347-877E-7A276C8279F9.jpgsiouxc.jpgIMG_4362.jpgimage.jpges), I can provide critical info. For me, ushering our military vehicles into future generations is as much about the men and women they served with, and the freedoms they fought to protect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks