• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which side of Hutchinson 3-piece runflat faces out?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These Hutchinson 3-piece runflats are asymmetric. The one side has a 1-2" nose on the center, and the other side is basically flat. Which way does that nose face? (I'm not talking about the additional rubber rings.)

HUTCHINSON THREE PIECE 3PC MRAP CRF COMPOSITE RUNFLAT 395-85 R20 BEADLOCK INSERT - 5.jpgHUTCHINSON THREE PIECE 3PC MRAP CRF COMPOSITE RUNFLAT 395-85 R20 BEADLOCK INSERT - 3.jpgHUTCHINSON THREE PIECE 3PC MRAP CRF COMPOSITE RUNFLAT 395-85 R20 BEADLOCK INSERT - 2.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That little ridge is on both sides. It doesnt matter how it goes in. Even the older 3 pieces have that little jut out. The same thing as the rubber ones

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not even. When laying on one side, the large diameter of the runflat basically sits flush to the ground. When laying on the other side, it's up about 2".

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Mine are even spaced on both sides. More than likely they were for the aluminum RG31 wheels. I believe the lip went towards the wheel face on the caiman aluminum wheels

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine are even spaced on both sides. More than likely they were for the aluminum RG31 wheels. I believe the lip went towards the wheel face on the caiman aluminum wheels
By "toward the wheel face", am I understanding correctly that the long nose would face inward toward the axle?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No. The wheel face for your outer part of the wheel you remove to remove the tire. The nose will face away from the truck on a LMTV wheel

Do you have the older LMTV wheel or the accuride wheels?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No. The wheel face for your outer part of the wheel you remove to remove the tire. The nose will face away from the truck on a LMTV wheel

Do you have the older LMTV wheel or the accuride wheels?
Thanks. How do I tell the wheels apart?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Accurides will have a small hole in the area where the lug nuts go thru. They are also only tapered on one side. Being you have an old LMTV it is probably the standard wheel. The 4 wheels together are the standard wheels

There is a new type of aluminum wheel that is tapered and will fit a LMTV as well. They are starting to show up. Shown below

Attachments

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the torque for the nuts that hold the two halves of the rim together? I can't find it in the TM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks