• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Major issue after installing 16:00's

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As usual nothing is ever easy with me. After installing 16:00's on my M925A2, the driver side has 1/2" - 3/4" clearance between the tires. The other side initially had about 1/2". On the way home from the tire shop I started smelling burning rubber and pulled off the road. The passenger side tires were touching. Went home, got a come a long and was able to separate the tires enough to get home. So, what's going on, and what is the fix?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Torque rod bushings are weak and something has shifted. Normal spacing is about 2 to 3 finger widths between the tires. There is a procedure in the TM for testing the play in them

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After searching the TM's, I found the section on changing the entire torque rod but can't find anything on changing just the rod ends. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, I don't want to buy any China junk. I see Erik's has a newer style that is supposed to be better. Anyone have any experience with them?

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After searching the TM's, I found the section on changing the entire torque rod but can't find anything on changing just the rod ends. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, I don't want to buy any China junk. I see Erik's has a newer style that is supposed to be better. Anyone have any experience with them?
Simp is the King of testing products. Check his Boob Tube channel and articles on here.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?167166-All-5-tons-Heavy-Duty-Torque-Rod-Ends

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of you who are running 16:00's, how much space is there between the tires on both sides?

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have that much clearance on either side. Drivers side is maybe 3/4" if that. Passenger side 1/2" with come a long attached. Hopefully torque rod ends will correct it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I don't have that much clearance on either side. Drivers side is maybe 3/4" if that. Passenger side 1/2" with come a long attached. Hopefully torque rod ends will correct it.
Well mine do have 45000 mi on them. Itll be a little closer

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone happen to know the diameter of the torque rod end bolts? I'm considering having a set of adjustable torque rods built in order to give a small amount of adjustment when running 16:00's. Thoughts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks