• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wet..... Dry.... torque on lugs

coachgeo

have not found it in TM's yet.. though it may have bit me 5 times and I still don't see it....

What is the torque rating for nuts on WET lug bolts (aka anti seize etc.) when tightening lug nuts? Dry is 400 to 450. but wet? Same question for bolts that hold two piece wheel halves together? Or is this a pooh pooh thing to do for one or both? Would think not but am wrong several times a day at least. (make that an hour)

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

i've known a lot of tire guys torque the same with antisize as with out. when using the cat manual for replacing heads they. require wet torque with a cat specific lubricant but the manual cautions not to use antisize. It did not say why I would guess its lubricating property's aren't uniform enough. I doubt you are going to do any damage to a 3/4 inch stud by over torqueing it so with anti size I would torque as dry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks