• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking rear main, Drive it home or not?

Barrman

It might have just had some surface corrosion on the crank as well. My M35 Gasser didn’t leak a drop of anything around town and on 30 mile test drives. I drive it to Houston one super hot August day and see something shiny in the mirror on the passenger side bed about 60 miles later. Transfer case gear oil out the back shaft seal. I put in a quart and kept going since I was half way there. Hasn’t leaked a drop since in 11 years.

Sometime they just want to get attention is what I figured.

glad you made it home all good.

beastm35

Hey,combat just to say mine was leaking in the same area only on long trips its the rear main for sure..yes you can drive it home ,i drove mine back 130 miles to the house.where i only lost about a gallon.

72m35a2

i know this is old but let me give you my experiance i bought my m35a2 without doing the turbo was bad. it smoked like crazy but ran good. drove it home 100 miles watched oil pressure steady drop to zero. pulled over oil was pouring out bell housing weep hole. filled it up with 2 gallons of oil and drove it rest of way home. had crazy pressure. put in boost gauge had zero. pulled inlet to turbo turbine was barley spinning. pulled turbo and exhaust side was welded soild. shaft broke so no boost and restricted exhaust. new turbo and all is well if i get it good and hot it will slip on steep grades so will need a new seal and clutch sometime

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks