• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1987 M936A1 USMC Wrecker with or without lockers?

rickpolak1

I was curios if someone might know if a 1987 M936A1 5 ton wrecker labeled USMC with super singles would come with air lockers? I read a post earlier on how to manually tell, but lifting the rear end up in the air and spinning tires just isn't in the cards this week. I didn't notice any badges specifying lockers but I'm not really sure if it would be coded or have an entirely separate label stating lockers installed. Would anyone have a photo of the locker tag or know exactly what it would say? Thank you in advance.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was curios if someone might know if a 1987 M936A1 5 ton wrecker labeled USMC with super singles would come with air lockers? I read a post earlier on how to manually tell, but lifting the rear end up in the air and spinning tires just isn't in the cards this week. I didn't notice any badges specifying lockers but I'm not really sure if it would be coded or have an entirely separate label stating lockers installed. Would anyone have a photo of the locker tag or know exactly what it would say? Thank you in advance.
It wouldn't have air lockers , and if it's got Detroit lockers in it you would know driving on pavement.

rickpolak1

It drives fine on asphalt and does not feel like their locked at all, that being said, I have never been on the road with the front wheels engaged which is where I imagine you would feel it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I am betting the weight of a wrecker with lockers would shatter axle parts all day long. I doubt its got lockers.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Some wreckers did. It would have the warning tag on the drivers door. If not the only way to tell is to get the axles off the ground

sandcobra164

Pull the axle cap bolts on both sides of the axle and attempt to turn one side if you don't have the capability to lift the tires off the ground. If it turns, you have open differentials.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks