• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overland 5-ton camper with a 20' container (now 40' !)

jcdostie

I don’t quite understand your approach to this project.
Don’t
The buying of this truck was not to build a camper at first. We decided to do it 2 years after. Then, with everything needs to be done in order to have a comfortable drive, we decided to sell.

JC

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But now you want a 10 wheel drive?

I get it. You get an idea, then it sticks, then it takes on a life of its own.

I got into green iron because a buddy said “Have you ever seen an adventure trailer?”

Why, no. I haven’t. Let me dive head first down this rabbit hole and see what I find.

Adventure trailer > military trailer > a 5 ton? What’s that? > I need a 923A2 in my life > IronPlanet lets you sign up for free? > I’ll just look > I have to have these trucks!!!

Adventure Trailers are gateway drugs to green iron.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But now you want a 10 wheel drive?

I get it. You get an idea, then it sticks, then it takes on a life of its own.

I got into green iron because a buddy said “Have you ever seen an adventure trailer?”

Why, no. I haven’t. Let me dive head first down this rabbit hole and see what I find.

Adventure trailer > military trailer > a 5 ton? What’s that? > I need a 923A2 in my life > IronPlanet lets you sign up for free? > I’ll just look > I have to have these trucks!!!

Adventure Trailers are gateway drugs to green iron.
I got sucked into .mil vehicles because I wanted a diesel vehicle, and kept seeing these olive drab K5 blazers go for stupid low money because some idiot converted it to 24V and put a big brush guard on it... oh.. wait.. what? 24V ? Who would do that?!. Wha... why does that look like a factory modifi.. why is there a military data plate on that K5? .. ... That's how I learned CUCVs existed.... from there, learned how inexpensive deuces and 5 tons were.... :D

Reactions: HN6

jcdostie

Well well well, I was shopping around for my next project. It's not a Military vehicle, but I think it's interesting for a lot a people. So, here's the project:
- Base truck is a 2022 WesternStar 4700 6x6 on single tire
- Camper is a modified 40' container reduced to 32'
- Fully autonomous on solar system
- Garage at the rear end of the container for a Smart
- Special design subframe for torsion free to the container
2021-03-12 14.28.47.JPG
2021-03-23 17.42.59.JPG2021-03-23 08.58.24.JPG

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The green Western Stars look old compared to your truck. Very nice selection.

It may not be an MV.........but it was, I found a few pics of the MV Star.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks