• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PCS move from Ft Hood TX to FT Huachuca AZ

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well my orders changed again and looks like I am going back to Arizona! I know this rote like the back of my hand I have driven it at least 200 times in my life, but if anyone is on the way or has any tips I am all ears. You can always learn something new or head some new advice.

I am driving the M35A2 in late Aug, the heat is most likely going to kill me but it’s a dry heat... I will be moving the whole family (they will drive in the nice A/C pickup truck) and doing a full PCM (DITY MOVE). Should be a fun trip about 850 miles or so, I will post pictures when it happens.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck! Sorry we didn't get to see more of you here. Maybe you can join us for the Temple air show, first weekend in May (nice and close for you! :))

Cheers

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck! Sorry we didn't get to see more of you here. Maybe you can join us for the Temple air show, first weekend in May (nice and close for you! :))

Cheers
Will do!

Also for those in AZ I just got off the phone with the MVD and they are 100% no help.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20190927_142224.jpg
Well I cheated and put it on a truck, but it was loaded with all of my household goods and I didn't lose or damage anything.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well that's not very MV like. I drove mine from Atlanta to El Paso in August then the following may from El Paso to Aberdeen Show then had someone take it to Atlanta for me (I'd driven that route back and forth about 30 times in the deuce) and then in September another trip from Atlanta to El Paso. Too old to do that kinda silliness nowadays.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my defense I'm happy I did do it, because I had a brake failure loading it on the trailer. And I'm happy it happened loading on a trailer instead of me driving across the American southwest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks