• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arizona members!

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all you FMV drivers from the great state of AZ, I am PCSing back to Ft Huachuca soon and was wondering who all is around Arizona. What are the laws for FMVs etc? Any info and some new AZ contacts would rock!

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s a shame this got derailed with the COVID [edit]. It would still be nice to meet a few people
Howdy Seligman! Kingman here! Recently relocated and hoping to touch base with any SS locals. Hit me back when you can, I'm subscribed. Ciao~!

Subby808

Hello all you FMV drivers from the great state of AZ, I am PCSing back to Ft Huachuca soon and was wondering who all is around Arizona. What are the laws for FMVs etc? Any info and some new AZ contacts would rock!
A bit late to the response, but I'm a new AZ FMTV owner. Already experienced the joys of shipping/insuring/registering my M1079. My experience so far, is to reserve time for research, but overall, I'd say the experience of owning/insuring a FMTV in Arizona, is much easier than I expected.

Hello fellow AZ FMTVers.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am moving this year to Cochise county but have land in seligman and stay with my mom often in Mesa. So glad you guys posted this
Cochise county? Oh no, you're heading for the "hot" part of AZ~! LOL! Actually, Kingman gets plenty hot too. I'm currnetly looking at some land around Seligman, near the mountains, highlands, whatever, so I can clear some of it and build myself a family camping site w/shooting range that will have a nice big hilly-backstop for safety. Any suggestions for that area? Don't want any ranches/homesteads any closer than 5 miles if I can help it.

Reactions: 98G

StratoCrewzr

Looking forward to meeting fellow AZ FMTV owners. I'm in the Phoenix Valley area and was fortunate enough to find me a M1087A1 Expansible Van. I'm converting it into an Overland RV. Networking is what I'm hoping to find here. Always looking for skilled repair facilities and learning from fellow FMTV owners. I'm also hoping for many FMTV gatherings. Stay safe and hope to meet many of you soon.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Mos68x

Howdy Seligman! Kingman here! Recently relocated and hoping to touch base with any SS locals. Hit me back when you can, I'm subscribed. Ciao~!
Send me a pm if ya wanna meet sometime, I drive my 939 pretty regular and most of the time I choose to go to Kingman.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here in AZ, there is a part of Title 28 Motor Vehicle Code that can pertain to us.

If your vehicle is 25 years or older, you can purchase Historic Vehicle plates for it.

Regardless of weight or size, it is then non-commercial just like a motor home.

No CDL, lighting/marking requirements, scales, nor commercial insurance needed.

It is best to keep a copy of that statute in the rig for the uninitiated lawman.

No problems driving my 5-ton in Ca, NV. NM ever.

Dennis

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks