• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Army or Marine M-1026 ?

mleara

I bought this 1026 in December and just love it! Is there any way to know what branch of service it was in? My goal is to get it as close as possible to the way it served.
335002bd10b5e72173c74947be35513b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

papakb

There are a couple of indicators you can look for. Almost every USMC HMMWV has the fording option installed. Normally that means an intake snorkle and extended vertical tailpipe along with a fording control valve mounted on the firewall just before where the E brake would fold down to. Army HMMWVs usually have some unit designation inside on the right and left panels that the front door hinges attach to that may say NGxxxx or something similar. If any numbers are still visible on the hood or body panels post them here and someone can probably ID the unit it was assigned to.

Good looking truck, like the side armor plate.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck had CIP panels as evidenced by the remaining brackets. The panel covers the fording extension pipe mount. So if it never had a fording kit, would not be USMC.

mleara

The truck had CIP panels as evidenced by the remaining brackets. The panel covers the fording extension pipe mount. So if it never had a fording kit, would not be USMC.
Excellent analysis, thanks. Dumb question from a guy new to the Humvee, what is a CIP panel?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent analysis, thanks. Dumb question from a guy new to the Humvee, what is a CIP panel?

them thangs. Combat Identification Panel. Gives a specific signature to IR viewing equipment. Used for IFF (identification friend foe)

Picture credit Wiki/DOD

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks