• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical problem

Kenneth Cole

Good day
When I start my 1991 it seems that the glow plugs (if that is what is happening) cycle on and off for to long (several minutes) with the volt meter going from the red to the yellow and last night when they finally stopped cycling the volt meter stayed down in the red slowly dropping down to the bottom for about ten minutes before it finally went up into the green.
Need some advice as to where to start with this problem.

Thanks
Ken

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good day
When I start my 1991 it seems that the glow plugs (if that is what is happening) cycle on and off for to long (several minutes) with the volt meter going from the red to the yellow and last night when they finally stopped cycling the volt meter stayed down in the red slowly dropping down to the bottom for about ten minutes before it finally went up into the green.
Need some advice as to where to start with this problem.

Thanks
Ken
NORMAL with some of the older PCB "protective control box" to cycle the glow plugs until engine is warmed up.

Search THIS FORUM for Walmart 24F batteries with "northern" manufacture. There are a few threads about this as far as good batteries.

NEVER WORK ON YOUR TRUCK WITHOUT DISCONNECTING THE BATTERIES!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks