• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Asperator / Resuscitator on my HMMWV?

Augdog1964

Ok here is the deal... M1038

I relocated the battery box to under the hood, and had new battery cables made. I'm going to be pulling out the battery box as I'm mounting new Isringhausen seats in all positions...

SO I disconnected the ground block and pulled the wires off the back... starter is hooked back up and everything runs and works great...

HOWEVER there is a positive lead that used to connect to the back of the ground block that runs into a wiring loom that heads toward the back on the frame rail, but won't reach any farther forward than that location (has a large brass open circle w/ red base), and would need to be lengthened to add to say the starter positive lead, or another positive area...

I've looked through the wiring diagrams and see wire 660 and 781 wires... that feed the fuse panel and the Asperator / Resuscitator? What the heck is that?

Those are the only wires that seem to be in the realm of possibility... anybody have info, or other ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Wire Fox

Sounds like you have the wiring off of an M997 ambulance. Check the TM pages I attached.

The great news is that, if it's the full harness, you're already wired for reverse lights. Just add lights and a switch to your shifter.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

papakb

Both the M996 and M997 ambulances had the resusitation packs mounted in the left front corner of the body. There were 4, 6 gauge wires that fed them, #660 and 799 went to the power distribution panel and #781 and 792 went to the resusitation pack. Back in the '90s they converted most of the old M996 2 litter ambulances into other configurations and just taped off the wires rather than removing them so what you have is probably one of those conversions. You can find the schematic for this in the back of the TM 9 2320-280-20-3 manuals.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks