• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in upstate NY

exhogflyer

Hello to all! New member here, I live in upstate NY and was lucky to find this site with a wealth of information. Currently in the process of buying a Deuce ( my first MV) from a member here, but I don't want to say much else until I have her home. I've always wanted a " big army truck" and I'm at a point in life where it's time to pull the trigger. Yup, "here we go".....
So, I look forward to all the help from the group here, helping where I can, meeting some of you somewhere, and lots of fun turning diesel into noise! :lol:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Enjoy your truck. Hope you have a building to keep it in.

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, the hobby, And the events (Soon!( WITH your new truck)) To come.
And of course the 'Obligatory' pictures and description when it duly arrives.

exhogflyer

Enjoy your truck. Hope you have a building to keep it in.
Hahahahaha! Funny you should mention this, first thing my wife says is " where are you keeping it? NOT the garage right?" Said I'm building a carport on the side of the garage...…..her reply was " OH GOD"

fasttruck

Don't make a move without the pubs. Read the reading. Do you know how an Army light switch works ? Operator's or -10 manual explains it. Need a lubrication order to properly maintain it. A M35A2 has at least 40 grease points, More if it has a winch. There are 4 on the handbrake alone. Neglect them at your own peril. I would suggest immediately checking all 5 gear cases plus the steering box for lube, grease the truck and air up all tires upon receipt. Don't forget the oil can points: door latches, hood hold downs, throttle linkage and such. MVs are more maintenance intensive than the average car. NO USB port to plug in the computer. Parts cost money. grease is cheap. Be guided accordingly.

fasttruck

One of the data plates on the right side of the dashboard lists the publications for that vehicle. You need an operator's manual, TM9-2320-209-10, the organizational maintenance manual, the -20, and a lubrication order for starters. They are available on this site in publications, JATONKA has all of them on his web site and paper copies are available at swap meets. The Army required youy to have an operator's manual and a LO on the vehicle at all times. It was an inspectable item.

exhogflyer

Don't make a move without the pubs. Read the reading. Do you know how an Army light switch works ? Operator's or -10 manual explains it. Need a lubrication order to properly maintain it. A M35A2 has at least 40 grease points, More if it has a winch. There are 4 on the handbrake alone. Neglect them at your own peril. I would suggest immediately checking all 5 gear cases plus the steering box for lube, grease the truck and air up all tires upon receipt. Don't forget the oil can points: door latches, hood hold downs, throttle linkage and such. MVs are more maintenance intensive than the average car. NO USB port to plug in the computer. Parts cost money. grease is cheap. Be guided accordingly.
I've already made a note of this! Thank you very much !

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hahahahaha! Funny you should mention this, first thing my wife says is " where are you keeping it? NOT the garage right?" Said I'm building a carport on the side of the garage...…..her reply was " OH GOD"
Ask if she likes it better as a yard ornament? Always include her in your decisions. Refer to your green new hobby as an "investment" ....not money pit.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the data plates on the right side of the dashboard lists the publications for that vehicle. You need an operator's manual, TM9-2320-209-10, the organizational maintenance manual, the -20, and a lubrication order for starters. They are available on this site in publications, JATONKA has all of them on his web site and paper copies are available at swap meets. The Army required youy to have an operator's manual and a LO on the vehicle at all times. It was an inspectable item.
All the TM's are downloadable right here on SS .

TM's for the Deuce

This is a good one to get to know the location and names of the parts.

GTA-9-1-1851-8.pdf M35 complete diagram of with descriptions of all components.

This should be read before operating a M35.

TM9-2320-209-10-1.pdf
TM9-2320-209-10-1 Operation, Installation and Reference data for the M35 series, Operator Level.

exhogflyer welcome to SS from mid-michigan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks