• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Couple New addition to my MEP-803A Trailer!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the Rover Parts website (I asked the question): "Valpro is the factory for Wavian they are still the same cans you got before"

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be aware that the bottoms of those cans are thin and prone to rust through. I have several of them and having left two of them on the ground, they rusted through on a contact spot. Lost about a gallon of gasoline from one and a little less on the other.

My suggestion would be to clean the bottoms of the cans and apply a thin layer of JB Weld as a friction buffer. The paint gets scratched off the cans and the steel rusts very quickly.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We used a thin rubber pad.
That works too.
My thought is, something non porous bonded tightly to a clean surface wouldn't hold moisture and provide protection for the can whether its in or out of its holder.

A better initial design would have been to incorporate a thin sheet metal "skid pad" welded to the bottoms when the cans were built.

Either way, just wanted to pass it along that the bottoms are somewhat fragile(thin) and won't last long if not kept clean and painted.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was my thought. Just tape off the bottom 6" all around, and hit it with some spray on bedliner or similar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks