• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 instrument panel lights question

319cssb

when i turn on the battery power, my instrument lights will come on, regardless to what the panel lights ar set to . Is that normal? Or did someone wire the light switch wrong?

Ajax MD

when i turn on the battery power, my instrument lights will come on, regardless to what the panel lights ar set to . Is that normal? Or did someone wire the light switch wrong?
No, that isn't right. Instrument lights should not illuminate when the main switch is set to off or if the "panel" switch is set to off (vs. dim or bright)
They will be illuminated on max brightness when the "panel" switch is selected to "Park" and will be illuminated if the top "Service" switch is set to any of the other positions while the "panel" switch is set to either "dim" or "bright."

Clear as mud? Good.

319cssb

What you say, Ajax is how i remember how it should be (as i saw it on other MV). Now what could be the cause? I thought the panel lights maybe wired reverse? But since i have a combination connector in the back of the lightswitch that seems unlikely.
What should i look for ?

Ajax MD

What you say, Ajax is how i remember how it should be (as i saw it on other MV). Now what could be the cause? I thought the panel lights maybe wired reverse? But since i have a combination connector in the back of the lightswitch that seems unlikely.
What should i look for ?
Well, like you, I'm new to owning and maintaining these trucks so I don't have a sure-fire answer. I would start by tracing one of the instrument lights back into the harness, and to the multi-function switch, checking for illegal wire splices and making sure that the instrument lights are plugged into the proper wire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks