• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who, if anybody, is going to Aberdeen this year?

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there.... .and I plan to help Scrounger put on the steak feed again as well.......

Z

sandcobra164

Events like the Aberdeen event (I've never been to it) and the Georgia Rally (I've been to 8) rise and fall. Last year I believe we had 100 or so trucks and quite a crowd. The year before 115, year before that 130. Most of the people who were there in the 2 years I met in the Horse pasture days are still attending. Some of the people I met in the previous 5 years are hit or miss as to who is going. People are diverse, some get into a hobby for a short time wide open, some people are longstanding members, some are one and done. Hopefully you've got a good mix at the Aberdeen get together and it'll be a good show.

BEASTMASTER

I go up every year just to meet up with friends that I left in ma.. they been going forever. they've already started loading their gooseneck trailer up with all kinds of whatever. hope we get good weather for once, instead of that cold drizzly crap, like the past 2 years.

rickf

There is two kinds of weather at Aberdeen, Cold and rainy and hot with lot clearing thunderstorms. Take your pick. We had one year in the high 30's and rain and one year in the high 90's, I don't think it rained that year. It is a strange time if the year in this area.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is two kinds of weather at Aberdeen, Cold and rainy and hot with lot clearing thunderstorms. Take your pick. We had one year in the high 30's and rain and one year in the high 90's, I don't think it rained that year. It is a strange time if the year in this area.
Right. if you don't like the weather here this time of year, just wait a few minutes.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all,

I have set up at Aberdeen every year from 1998 (when it was still on post) through 2018. This year, I find myself working so frequently that I don't have the time to spend to set up for the entire show, nor do I really have anything left on this end to sell. The militaria and radio stuff I have left is my own gear and part of the "collection". So, I will not be setting up at Aberdeen for the first time in over 2 decades.

I will be attending to enjoy the show, meet friends and spend a few bucks on more toys, maybe Thursday only, before I have to return home and get back to work. I have a teen going to college in a little over a year, I can't afford to NOT work.

rickf

I think I am going to just do a day trip this year also. The show has gotten to the point where if rain is predicted or if the weather is cool then the lot is more empty than full. I am also no longer physically able to walk the entire show like I used to so when it is all spread out like that is is a waste to me. There is a lot less good stuff and a lot more junk and ALL of it has gone so far up in price people think it is made of gold! Gone are the days of finding good prices at the shows. Vendors at the shows cry that the internet has stolen all of their business at the shows, no, you have lost a lot of it by jacking your prices up so high at the shows. If I am not going to get a better deal at the show then why should I try? You probably are not going to match prices on new parts with the internet but used stuff you certainly can. But used stuff has gone up to above new stuff prices!

BEASTMASTER

my buddie don't try to get rich , ****, last year he sold a twin beacon set up, in the box, with cable and switch, for $ 100. he'd rather get rid of the stuff so he don't have to take it home, unload it and bring it down next year.

rickf

Well, I just got a diagnosis that tells me it is time to start unloading a bunch of my horded stuff. The problem is that it is too late to get it together for this show. And I am certainly NOT going to wholesale it to one of those vultures out there who will turn around and triple the price on it and try to sell it back to me.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hate to hear news like that. Good luck and Godspeed.

Well, I just got a diagnosis that tells me it is time to start unloading a bunch of my horded stuff. The problem is that it is too late to get it together for this show. And I am certainly NOT going to wholesale it to one of those vultures out there who will turn around and triple the price on it and try to sell it back to me.

rickf

That may have sounded a bit too morbid, it is a cancer diagnosis but not a terminal one. But definitely one that makes me think about how much stuff I have around that I will never get around to.

Capehenery

I'm planning on going up. I t will be my first year. I have always been too busy and made the decision this year to go anyway. Work will be there when I get back.
I have a bunch of M37 body parts I can bring if someone is interested. Will there be a thread to post parts in? I don't have enough to justify a booth but I'm willing to contribute.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks