• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Couple of Newbie Questions

Olly

Hi, new to the forum, new to the Cummins NHC 250..... My questions are simple and basic and if anyone can help it'd be great. First one does anyone know the size of the fitting I would need to go into the PT pump from the emergency shutoff? My emergency shut off is broken need to replace it, not willing to spend $300 at Cummins for it. Want to just put a manual shut off in its place just need to know the fitting size. Also what should the gauges read when the engine is running I have a M818 and I think half of them are broken, the wiring is a mess, and I plan to redo all of it just need to know once it is running good what temps, and pressures I should be looking for and what to look out for. I've looked through the TMs.... and I also plan to maybe replace the transmission to the Allison automatic out of the M900s, other then the transmission and shifter what other pieces would I need? i.e. like linkage, connections.... not new to automotives been customizing vehicles for the past thirteen years and I know how to weld just a little confused about a few things on the truck. Thanks for your time and any help you can give.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's a 1/8" pipe fitting. However you need a 1/8" to an inverter flare on the line side. They are out there. Or replace your fuel line to the head. Itd a 1/8" pipe on the head end as well and use a 5/16" hose with #4 fittings. Or do a dual fuel line setup on the engine. It's simple. I have them for sale. Just PM me.

For the transmission.
Shifter. Cable. Transmission. Oil cooler. Transmission adapter ring. And flexplate. I have the shifter. cable. Tower. Ring and flexplate for free.

You will need a companion flange output yoke for the allison. You may have to move the transfer case back I dont know the difference between the allison and Spicer length.

Last edited:

Olly

Thanks for your quick response I've been looking for that fitting size for the past few days.... Was planning on doing the dual fuel line as well.... I'd be willing to pay for those parts if you could box'em and tell me the shipping price. I was planning on putting the transfer case from the M900s anyway. Sliding the transfer case back won't matter but I think lifting it in is more the problem. I'm located in Bristol, CT 06010 if you wouldn't mind packing those pieces up and shipping them I can paypal you or get you the money someway. Also if there's any pieces off my truck you might need..... I have a fifth wheel that I'm not keeping on there and the stock wheels or tires so far. PLan to do a lot of mods I'm a hotrodder by nature and it will be hot rodded. Just let me know either way thanks for getting back to me and if you need anything other then what's listed maybe I can help you out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks