• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2C cargo cover problem

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I own a M35A2 that has a C aka drop side bed, it's great and I have a nice cover with super rope that works great too.... They just don't like each other.

IMG_20190407_145955.jpg

Basically the attachment for the bed corners are these large screw style connectors that the cover can't go over (or at least not without wearing a hole in the cover I fear). So the cover doesn't go all the way down and will ride up when I'm driving over 40MPH. Not a giant problem I Grant you as it only rises 2in above the bed line but it will be a problem driving in the rain if I want to keep my cargo dry.

Has anyone gotten. A fix to this or even had this problem?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had cargo covers on drop side trucks for years and I never had one wear through at the locations that are mentioned. I don't put thousands of miles on my trucks per year, but I drive them as a hobbyist, which quite often involves speeds in excess of 40 mph. M813rc has a good suggestion on how to further prevent any damage. One additional suggestion...I usually try to make sure the pointy end of those lock handles are facing down.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had cargo covers on drop side trucks for years and I never had one wear through at the locations that are mentioned. I don't put thousands of miles on my trucks per year, but I drive them as a hobbyist, which quite often involves speeds in excess of 40 mph. M813rc has a good suggestion on how to further prevent any damage. One additional suggestion...I usually try to make sure the pointy end of those lock handles are facing down.
It's not the handle it's self, it's the threaded end that juts out I'm worried about.

FloridaAKM

I have a pile of these covers & two drop side trucks to keep them on. I wrap the cover around the top of the lockdown mechanism & drive the blazing speed of 45-50 mph for hours & have not worn thru the covers @ these points. Also, the cargo does not get wet in any rains, driving or stationary, YMMV. Covering the bolt with a cloth won't hurt either if you see the need to cover all of that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks