• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a deal?

exhogflyer

Guy I talked to recently is selling 6 new Michelin 395/85R20's with MRAP wheels and adapters for a deuce ( all new parts, mounted) for $3000, Do I pull the trigger?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New?

Never used, or manufactured this year?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never used, surplus I think he said.
I sold a set fitting this description for about $2500 not too long ago. The ones I sold were date code 2009. 100% tread. Aluminum MRAP rims.

Pics in a moment.

Pics

piccddd.jpg

Edit to add-

Adapter plates are $100ish each for the good ones. NOS 395s on MRAP rims should generally be available for $350 or so. Hardware varies, but $250 should get a set.

Last edited:

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the price include mounting on your truck? If so, I'd say it's a fair deal.

Certainly, compared to new, list retail, it's a steal as I once found these tires at around $1600/each and that's just the tire.

I bought mine surplus (new or 90%) from the military, got the plates, bolts, nyloc nuts and put them on myself and I spent ~$1k. This doesn't include me going to get them, 150 miles each way. I also took the extra step of having a professional tire shop inspect each tire, that added another few hundred.

Where my life is concerned, it really is ONLY money.

exhogflyer

Ah, ok, so it's not a " drop everything you're doing and buy them" deal. I'm a noob so I'm learning, that's why I asked the brain trust here. Never been disappointed with the help..
THANKS MY FRIENDS!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
3k breaks down to 500 per tire/rim. You figure 100 per adapter and 100 for the hardware thats 300 for the tire and rim. Sounds like a good deal imho.

No, its not a steal, but i doubt you'll find much better very easily.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a lot of used 80-90% 395's out there right now. I had a set of 5 quoted, shipped, for $800. That would leave a lot of money on the table for wheels (and beadlocks). Look at the $40 tires (50%) that Eastern is selling....you could go hand pick a set and upgrade later.

Last edited:

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got 6 rims and tires from a company I think they were called AAA1 surplus for $2000 last year, they were 100% tread and not living in the sun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks