• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find "Door Molding"?

fireman5214

Hello all, Anyone know where to get the "Door Molding" part #2 on the image below? I looked up the part numbers on Autozone/Advance Auto and nothing comes up. I looked on ebay and found one for 45.00. Is this about right and if there is another number to look it up as, can I have it please? We need them for our M1028 at the fire co.

Left door: 14016511
Right door: 14016512
truck.jpg

TGP (IL)

You won't find the rubber weather strip at a auto parts.
Try the two places mentioned they will have everything you need.

Or google K30 door rubber or weather strip and you'll find a bunch more suppliers.

The two listed are very reputable.
Tom

cucvrus

Or google K30 door rubber or weather strip and you'll find a bunch more suppliers.
That you will not find on K30. That is on K5 Blazer and Jimmy doors only. If you have a K30 with that seal someone switched the doors. Good Luck. $45. sounds like a steal. Fixed and done.

fireman5214

That you will not find on K30. That is on K5 Blazer and Jimmy doors only. If you have a K30 with that seal someone switched the doors. Good Luck. $45. sounds like a steal. Fixed and done.

Well that is from the 34p Technical Manual for the M1028 and so on. We did not see any seals on the doors when we went over the truck but both seals are missing from both doors and when it rains it comes in between the door and the top of the cab. What should be on a 1028?

TGP (IL)

Well that is from the 34p Technical Manual for the M1028 and so on. We did not see any seals on the doors when we went over the truck but both seals are missing from both doors and when it rains it comes in between the door and the top of the cab. What should be on a 1028?[/QUOTE

That picture might refer to the M1009.
You might be looking for the Door opening seal that goes on the cab around the door opening if
You can see daylight at the top of your door.

And cucvrus
Your right, most doors on pickup's don't use that seal, Especially Military.
They don't even used the Drip molding.

With that said, I have two Silverado K30's here a 84 and 77 both have the
Added seal at the top.
Tom

DeadParrot

This was discussed over on a Chevy PU forum. Those seals were often added by a dealer if the buyer of a new truck was having leakage issues. Not often installed on new trucks as standard. Neither my M1008 or 75 C10 have the optional door seals. Might be worth getting new rubber for the cab seal and adjusting the striker bolt for a bit tighter fit. If you have a pull-a-part place nearby, you can often find drip rails. They are interchangeable between any of the 2 door models from 73-87.

I recently installed the cab seal on the driver's door on my M1008. Ordered from Steelerubber. Seal was made in India but fit perfectly and didn't have that wonderful 'made in China' rubber smell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks