• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drivers seat floor supports

Hmmv4me

Hi guys,
I just picked up a 1990 M998 and have been going through it. First order of business was to change out the seats. Found a set of Smittybilt's at Summit on sale for $109 each so I went with them. Only issue I ran into was the drivers seat base is missing parts. It looks like the drivers seat was upgraded to a high back with an adjustable base, however whoever did the upgrade didn't install the floor supports so when you sit in the truck, the floor flexes a lot. from what I have found, it looks like there should be at least to supports in there somewhere. Does anybody have pics and part numbers for them or maybe a spare set?

Thanks

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They should have 2 floor channel supports that get riveted in for the OEM seat base...
I may have a spare set, have to look, they are kind of rare as the install kit come with the seat kit and gets installed.

papakb

When I installed my high back seats the install kits weren't available so I removed the original floor brackets and turned them around and riveted them back to fit the high backs. You could do the same thing with a couple of pieces of bar stock aluminum.

Hmmv4me

When I installed my high back seats the install kits weren't available so I removed the original floor brackets and turned them around and riveted them back to fit the high backs. You could do the same thing with a couple of pieces of bar stock aluminum.
I will give it a shot if I can't find the correct parts.

Thanks

sf1954

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just upgraded my seat and base. If you provide an email address, I will scan and send you the installation instructions.

papakb

Yes, If you have the original drivers seat this is the fire extinguisher bracket you need. It will not work with the high back seats.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you just have some flat stock cut and drill your own holes? You could actually make them wider, thicker, and beefier that the oe.

on a 5 ton when I installed global air ride seats, I just made my own supports underneath cab.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks