• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PROBLEMS with New basic Hard Top Overhead Console for M35 military vehicles from TMG

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
Good afternoon,
First off I want to apologize for the issue you encountered with your overhead. We have installed numerous overheads here in house and have not came across the problem before. I also would like to apologize for the misunderstanding about making you brackets, We never had any intentions of charging you for making you brackets nor have you pay for shipping. I am sorry if it seemed that way when you spoke to our team. As far as speaking with me and telling me you would send us pictures of your mounts I would happily have accepted them as a way to inform previous customers of the issue you encountered and resolution if it ever came up, but was not a necessity. I am currently looking into the other complaint posted on the forum with no luck as of yet. As for the website, we took what you said into consideration and are currently making brackets for the overhead and the website has been changed to reflect that.
Once again I sincerely apologize for your experience with our company and product, we have always done our very best to make customers 100% satisfied and even those who have not purchased yet with us. We are always here to walk people through the issues they encounter on their vehicles in hopes of building a lasting clientele. I am sorry that you received anything less than stellar customer service. If you have anything else you would like to discuss please contact me at 909-703-1400.

Samantha
Those Military Guys

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good afternoon,
First off I want to apologize for the issue you encountered with your overhead. We have installed numerous overheads here in house and have not came across the problem before. I also would like to apologize for the misunderstanding about making you brackets, We never had any intentions of charging you for making you brackets nor have you pay for shipping. I am sorry if it seemed that way when you spoke to our team. As far as speaking with me and telling me you would send us pictures of your mounts I would happily have accepted them as a way to inform previous customers of the issue you encountered and resolution if it ever came up, but was not a necessity. I am currently looking into the other complaint posted on the forum with no luck as of yet. As for the website, we took what you said into consideration and are currently making brackets for the overhead and the website has been changed to reflect that.
Once again I sincerely apologize for your experience with our company and product, we have always done our very best to make customers 100% satisfied and even those who have not purchased yet with us. We are always here to walk people through the issues they encounter on their vehicles in hopes of building a lasting clientele. I am sorry that you received anything less than stellar customer service. If you have anything else you would like to discuss please contact me at 909-703-1400.

Samantha
Those Military Guys
The gentleman you passed the phone to that I also informed of the problem is the one who said he could fab something up and give me a quote.

Furthermore if there is a salutation for this to mount to a M35A2 I would love to see it, possibly it would help me secure the overhead console I already bought and cannot secure to the front of my M35 hardtop.

Again TMG I didn't start this thread to bash you guys, just to let folks know of a problem. If a salutation has been established I'm sure posting it here will make everyone see that you followed through and fixed a problem when it was brought to your attention.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Porky's screenshot answers my first question. But the second question (Why is this allowed) is still hanging in the air. Do vendors have different rules than other members?
For-sale ads (in the classifieds) without a price are not allowed. And vendors are no exception, in this case.
It's called "money" .
Wrong answer.

This thread has really shed some light on things. Im glad the OP is being taken care of as he should have been in the first place. Im glad all the issues and concerns were addressed with respect and everyone kept the thread from being toxic. I am no vendor but when I sell stuff I go out of my way most times for people and that was just how i was raised. I'll say this White Owl surplus,Kublos and Ouverson have top notch customer service and have always treated me good.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread has really shed some light on things. Im glad the OP is being taken care of as he should have been in the first place. Im glad all the issues and concerns were addressed with respect and everyone kept the thread from being toxic. I am no vendor but when I sell stuff I go out of my way most times for people and that was just how i was raised. I'll say this White Owl surplus,Kublos and Ouverson have top notch customer service and have always treated me good.
Well I haven't been taken care of yet, so far it's just words.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well keep us in the loop and let us know how you make out. The company's I listed in my post will make sure you are taken care of.
I appreciate that, however if they do not fix the problem I will surely fix it myself. I'm not the kind of guy to let something just sit, I found a solution to make this thing work I just haven't done it yet because they've promised to fix it or rather have a fix they claim.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got off the phone with Samantha from TMG. I was told that the salutation brackets (my words because I don't know what to call it) will be shipped to me by Friday. If this works or doesn't I'll post it here so all can see.

As I am the OP for this post I'd like to take the time again that this wasn't done to thrash TMG or any moderators on this site (definitely not my intent). I wanted to let folks know there was a problem with a modification for M35 trucks, if a salutation is found or TMG make one and share it then that is great! I would love for this to conclude with a solution and not bitterness or hatred.

Last edited:

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
Pricing on product postings

Good morning,
Yes, you are absolutely correct. You HAVE NOT seen any prices on the posts for years, that problem has also been brought to my attention. These posts are old ones that have just been bumped up, I have gone through them and rectified the issue. Thank you to those who alerted me to the problem, you will find prices and updated links making the posts compliant with guidelines. For any further issues or questions I can be reached at 909-703-1400. Once again thank you all for allowing us to correct this over site. We ALWAYS appreciate any feedback, questions, concerns and input from customers or people in this community. Our goal is not just to sell a product but to share our knowledge to help people with their problems and to build lasting relationships with customers. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Samantha
Those Military Guys

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it's the second week in a row that I've been told the adapter for the overhead would be shipped Friday. Nothing has been shipped yet, and I've had to initiate all the contact with TMG.

So to recap, the overhead doesn't work, I was told there was a fix and it would be sent to me. Everytime I ask when it's gonna ship I get told a later date.

I'm feeling blown off and mislead. I was very polite about all this on here, I even gave them the benefit of the doubt. I have been offered hollow words and unfulfilled promises in return. This is not a one guy company, someone doing this in there spare time. At least if it was a one guy operation I'd be understanding about life getting in the way cussing delays etc, but not a COMPANY with staff.

That's a real shame what a very poor attempt on there part at damage control/PR. I will not be buying from them that's for sure and I'll be sure to let other MV owners I know and meet know as well to avoid them. I'd just fix it yourself then. Thanks for the update

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a real shame what a very poor attempt on there part at damage control/PR. I will not be buying from them that's for sure and I'll be sure to let other MV owners I know and meet know as well to avoid them. I'd just fix it yourself then. Thanks for the update
Already have a fix worked out, I was just waiting in them since they said they would fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks