• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PROBLEMS with New basic Hard Top Overhead Console for M35 military vehicles from TMG

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well color me surprised, after more effort and waiting and being lied to I have no fix from these folks. Ok maybe they are bad and misleading, maybe they lied to me and everyone else on this thread so they could save face and never actually follow through on the promise of a fix. It's only been 3 MONTHS!!

davidb56

You have successfully pulled the curtain back for us here, so we don't make the mistake of ordering something from them. thank you. BTW, Ive had good luck at b..m....m....p..l

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
Well color me surprised, after more effort and waiting and being lied to I have no fix from these folks. Ok maybe they are bad and misleading, maybe they lied to me and everyone else on this thread so they could save face and never actually follow through on the promise of a fix. It's only been 3 MONTHS!!

Good morning!
So I understand that you are upset. After we discussed your situation and talked with the other customers who let us know they had the same issue, we came up with a solution. We have redesigned and resent out new console to those customers who have been so AMAZING in working with us. We have been bashed by you on every single forum you have touched and to be honest did so before consulting us. With that said your order was also more recent than theirs but they just didn't feel the need to attack and they called to discuss a solution. They have gotten their problems fixed first. Now I have watched your videos and see that you, as you stated on MANY videos, are not "trying to be an *******" you are just informing people, but I feel you would get better responses if you reached out to the company you had a problem with FIRST. When you don't treat people with respect it makes it difficult to jump to help you, especially with out overly testing the new product, for fear if one tiny thing goes wrong you will send up another mass of bashing and insulting posts on every possible social media forum. Once we receive feedback from the customers who currently have received our redesigned product we will be reaching out to you to discuss working with you for your solution.
I hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend and God Bless.
Samantha ~ Those Military Guys
If you have any questions PLEASE feel free to call me. That goes for any readers as well :)
909-703-1400

davidb56

@ TMG.........read all the posts on this thread. You promised to send brackets by friday.....almost 2 months ago. You may win back some customers here with the false promises, but I will never order anything from you. BTW Mrmag1 wasn't the only one that complained, so again, your above statement is bovine excreatment.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning!
So I understand that you are upset. After we discussed your situation and talked with the other customers who let us know they had the same issue, we came up with a solution. We have redesigned and resent out new console to those customers who have been so AMAZING in working with us. We have been bashed by you on every single forum you have touched and to be honest did so before consulting us. With that said your order was also more recent than theirs but they just didn't feel the need to attack and they called to discuss a solution. They have gotten their problems fixed first. Now I have watched your videos and see that you, as you stated on MANY videos, are not "trying to be an *******" you are just informing people, but I feel you would get better responses if you reached out to the company you had a problem with FIRST. When you don't treat people with respect it makes it difficult to jump to help you, especially with out overly testing the new product, for fear if one tiny thing goes wrong you will send up another mass of bashing and insulting posts on every possible social media forum. Once we receive feedback from the customers who currently have received our redesigned product we will be reaching out to you to discuss working with you for your solution.
If you have any questions PLEASE feel free to call me. That goes for any readers as well :)
909-703-1400
Well that's a lie. Here's why.

First if I wasn't the first person who brought up this problem then why where you selling items you knew not to work?

Second I only posted on here and my YouTube, I only posted on either AFTER I spoke to TMG (I talk about our conversations in the videos and here!) So that's also a lie.

Third I after talking to you and the guys who put it together, sent you (I have the emails still) proof that J hooks don't exist on the M35A2. I sent TM screen shots and detailed accounts on what the issue is and the difference in placement ability between what you made for a 5-ton and what you marketed for an M35. I was patient I waited, I gave you all the information you needed to fix the problem.

Fourth from your last post you insinuate that I didn't work with you and I was impatient and all I've done is bad mouth. well I'll tell you what I haven't made a single post or a single video until after speaking with you and getting nowhere, I didn't post until I was lied to repeatedly about timelines and deadlines on it being fixed and a solution found. Did you really just say because I was vocal about problems that I have been put on the back burner and you don't want to work with a customer that has an issue with your practices???

Finally, if it would please everybody including yourself I will post every single email call log and issue that I've had with this. I can detail that every single post I made every single video I made was after a conversation I had with TMG. You can look at every single post I made on here and see that I was extremely calm and extremely well-mannered up until these last couple of posts. I was polite and well-mannered until I got strung along. if you really can't take the fact that a customer is criticizing your product and your technical expertise with said product in a respectful manner then I have nothing for you.

But thank you for coming on here and being sarcastic demeaning and most of all backhanded. Thank you for showing your true colors in your last post, please leave it up so that every FMV member can see it. Hopefully all of them can see what kind of company you truly are.

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
@ TMG.........read all the posts on this thread. You promised to send brackets by friday.....almost 2 months ago. You may win back some customers here with the false promises, but I will never order anything from you. BTW Mrmag1 wasn't the only one that complained, so again, your above statement is bovine excreatment.
Hello, You are ABSOLUTELY correct, He was not the only one to complain. Because of that we have already rectified the issue with some of the others. And again yes we did tell him brackets would be sent, BUT we did not want a patch for the problem. We have redesigned our product and have been replacing said overheads with a completely new redesign.

77 AMG

Pictures of said "improved" product would be helpful for those are still on the fence about this, as I am one of those that is not sure if I want to have to re-work a "NIB" item to have it function as advertised.

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
Hi Good morning,
I am sorry if you felt my post was sarcastic. I supposed writings are up for interpretation. I have not once stated you were impatient, but in follow up videos stating " well lets see, or I don't think they will," etc doesn't create a good taste in ones mouth. So where you may not take it as bashing it sure seems to come off that way.
Now with that being said, I am completely aware that we were to send you brackets, but as you also stated you had a fix for it. We wanted to give you a product that you didn't need to have a "fix" for. We did not want to give you a band-aid so to speak. So we took the emails in which you sent the j hook info, along with the other info you sent and got to work on a product that would be an acceptable replacement. The other customer in this thread also worked with us in sending us info and answering any questions we had. We have sent him his new console and are just waiting for the feedback to be sure it works to our standard.

I am sorry you had a bad experience, I have spoken with you a few times and enjoyed our conversations. I do feel like this situation could have been handled differently on both our parts, but coming from our side the numerous bashings on different threads does make it difficult to want to communicate with you. I have always been civil and accommodating and doubt there is a single person who has EVER dealt with me who would say differently. So again, if it came off as sarcastic I apologize. It has been a frustrating situation watching a business who has always tried to help their customers be dragged through the mud. We have been part of this community for many years, fixing problems customers have had, walking people through fixes and concerns, and even helping people who have never purchased from us. We don't over price items and give people deals when and where we can. I am sorry you feel differently. I don't quite understand this because I post reviews when people deserve to be recognized for good and have a hard time being negative. Not everyone is the same, so maybe there was offense taken when I see multiple other ways this issue could have been dealt with. As soon as we have conformation that the product is to our standard we will be in contact to get it sent out to you.
Hopefully we can get you satisfied with this console and get this issue cleared up.
Once again, and I truly mean this, have an amazing weekend!
Samantha

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
If you are on the fence you could always give us a call. We can answer any questions and help you see if this is a product for you. Our technicians do their best to meet your needs as well as move things around or customize a bit.
I personally would not be able to answer any questions but could get you in touch with those who can. :)
909-703-1400

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Good morning,
I am sorry if you felt my post was sarcastic. I supposed writings are up for interpretation. I have not once stated you were impatient, but in follow up videos stating " well lets see, or I don't think they will," etc doesn't create a good taste in ones mouth. So where you may not take it as bashing it sure seems to come off that way.
Now with that being said, I am completely aware that we were to send you brackets, but as you also stated you had a fix for it. We wanted to give you a product that you didn't need to have a "fix" for. We did not want to give you a band-aid so to speak. So we took the emails in which you sent the j hook info, along with the other info you sent and got to work on a product that would be an acceptable replacement. The other customer in this thread also worked with us in sending us info and answering any questions we had. We have sent him his new console and are just waiting for the feedback to be sure it works to our standard.

I am sorry you had a bad experience, I have spoken with you a few times and enjoyed our conversations. I do feel like this situation could have been handled differently on both our parts, but coming from our side the numerous bashings on different threads does make it difficult to want to communicate with you. I have always been civil and accommodating and doubt there is a single person who has EVER dealt with me who would say differently. So again, if it came off as sarcastic I apologize. It has been a frustrating situation watching a business who has always tried to help their customers be dragged through the mud. We have been part of this community for many years, fixing problems customers have had, walking people through fixes and concerns, and even helping people who have never purchased from us. We don't over price items and give people deals when and where we can. I am sorry you feel differently. I don't quite understand this because I post reviews when people deserve to be recognized for good and have a hard time being negative. Not everyone is the same, so maybe there was offense taken when I see multiple other ways this issue could have been dealt with. As soon as we have conformation that the product is to our standard we will be in contact to get it sent out to you.
Hopefully we can get you satisfied with this console and get this issue cleared up.
Once again, and I truly mean this, have an amazing weekend!
Samantha
Care to retort on the fact that I always did speak to you first? Even though you accused me of not doing so?

when I said I was going to make my own solution it's only after you failed to get me the solution multiple times after promising it. I do have a solution but I haven't implemented it because believe it or not and all these three months I've been just waiting.

so instead of furnishing me with the solution and keeping your word you just figured I would give up on you and fix it myself?

I'll tell you what else time is not on my side, I am active duty military and I move every few years. so if this solution doesn't come in the next month or so it will do me no good.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning!
909-703-1400

Maybe I'm still bitter about my single purchase from ya'll about 3 years ago. I had let that slide without a word. You're response here strikes a nerve with me though, since it seems to be just as dismissive of the issue as you were with me. I had also let you off the hook for the promised replacement that also hasn't arrived in...well...3 years. I cut you slack, twice. I won't do so here.

So let me get this straight. You were aware of the problem before he reported it but did nothing to change your ad here, or on your own site, to reflect the fitment problem on that particular vehicle. You also sent the first customers that complained a revised version because they were "amazing" to work with. But he hasn't received his because he's been "vocal" about his experience. That's retaliation no matter how you cut it. Ironically, I find that from your posts, not his.

You advertised a product and couldn't deliver that product as advertised. That's your problem, not his. Just because you lost business because of his posts does not mean he was bashing you. How about you lost business because your product doesn't fit all the vehicles you claim and people realize this now thanks to him. Even now, you're dismissing him, same as you did me. You hold all the cards in the deal and you think you'll save face with sarcasm? It is sarcasm. No other way to interpret that. How about just sending the man the revision that you claim is already designed and already shipped to your "amazing" customers? How about an offer of a refund? Maybe you're still learning how business works? The man has a valid gripe. I'd suggest you rectify the problem because the PR fallout only gets worse from here.

How long does it take to "design" a bracket? I can see from his pictures what is needed to make this work. I could "design" and make the bracket in an hour. Quit dragging your feet and making excuses. Pictures of the new revision or the whole thing is a lie to save face. There's no way to save face here. You've already proven that you retaliate against customers that voice their opinion of your product. Your latest posts support this. It's funny how you'll take the time to follow the man all over the Internet to see where he talked about your product but you can't take the time to show some decent customer service.

Pictures of the revision or it didn't happen. That's the way the internet works. I have a feeling you're about to find out how search engines work. That's where the real PR problem will begin.

Have a FANTASTIC weekend TMG!

Last edited:

Those Military Guys

Supporting Vendor
Hey Guys
I'm not sure what is going on here i was just notified about this thread let me start of with this we were contacted by a member a while back telling us he did not have the j bolts on his hardtop now understand when we built the original over heads for the m35 we had 2 in the shop and both had jbolts maybe this is not normal but they did have them and to be honest myself i never gave it a second thought that maybe we had the only 2 m35's that had j bolts and with as many that have been sold i myself only know of 2 people informing us that did not have them (i know this is a long reply that probably doesn't matter) so we figure that maybe that there are a few that didn't come with them for some reason but it appears it is the other way around from what we are hearing now. so we have redesigned the over head with this in mind we have one already sent out and once he has it installed he said he will come back and post pictures of it installed i'm sorry for any confusion or misinterpretations that may have taken place Samantha really goes out of her way to help or find someone to help our customers so i think she took it personal which she probably shouldn't have and i know her reply sounded wrong but i know she didn't mean it that way but it happened, so lets try to start over and get everything figured out.
so first MRMAG1 yes we have one built for you already we were waiting for confirmation that all fits as should being we don't have any m35's in house to test fit, so were hoping to get his input very quickly so we can get yours out as quick as possible.
now Davidb56 I want to apologize for anything in this thread that upset you i hope you don't hold this against us we go out of our way to help every member on this site and off this site we are not here just to make money off everyone my self personal i send a minim of 5 hours on the phone helping people repair their trucks over the phone that has nothing to do with with or products and this all free we have been part of this community for 7 years we do our best to help everyone hopefully you will give us the chance to help you in the future.
swamp donkey please explain what issue you had so i can see what happened i know it must of been a while ago and probably nothing can be done but i would still like to know what happened so i can see why or what happened
thank you
Rob
please call if you would like to discuss any of these issues 909-703-1400

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, but no thanks.....

Got enough headaches. Don't need to order more. Talk is cheap. Put up or shut-up is a saying I'm used to.

Hope ya get the mess squared away. Spent time at Hood myself. "First Team"..................

Honestly, it shouldn't be that friggin hard. BUT, sometimes it is...................and somewhere, somehow, somebody is usually slowing it down.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This doesn't address the fact that I was painted in a negative light and was openly lied about on this form by your employee. Accusing me of complaining and bashing without ever speaking to your business, that was completely unfounded and untrue.

I feel as though this matter was handled poorly, I feel as though I was blown off and outright lied to on a few occasions.

The fact that I brought this problem to light has not been addressed, if it is the way you are employee says and that others had this problem before me why was it still marketed at the time?

If the agreed-upon solution was not to be used why was I not informed? Why was I continuously told next week for a few weeks before I stopped contacting you?

why is it through this entire ordeal I am the one who initiated contact?

There are several problems now that are in the open on this forum. I brought an issue to light, and as a result I was treated poorly. So I took it upon myself to be openly upset on this forum because timelines and promises on this forum were not kept. When your employee was sarcastic and rude (I took it this way as it seems did others) I decided to lay it all out in the open, furthermore the accusations that I was bashing all over social media are complete and total garbage. Yes I mentioned issues I had with your product on my YouTube channel, does this mean that I am not a worthy customer? Did I not also praised the product as well as point out its deficiencies?

Another commenter is correct I have been treated poorly and quite frankly I am extremely upset about it. I will continue to discuss the issue on this forum in the open as it has become a public issue. I am tired of speaking to you or solely on the phone and being told one thing and it not being delivered.

If you indeed have the product please ship it before I PCS to my next duty station.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, but no thanks.....

Got enough headaches. Don't need to order more. Talk is cheap. Put up or shut-up is a saying I'm used to.

Hope ya get the mess squared away. Spent time at Hood myself. "First Team"..................

Honestly, it shouldn't be that friggin hard. BUT, sometimes it is...................and somewhere, somehow, somebody is usually slowing it down.
West Hood for me, used to be 3 ACR back in when I was here last. Brave Rifles!

Back2Wyo

IMG_20190607_130959.jpgI've been in contact with Samantha at TMG since she first posted on this thread. She and TMG have been working with me and I sent them several more photos and measurements. TMG sent me a FedEx label to send the original console back to them. It took them several weeks after they got it back, but they shipped out a new version late last week. FedEx left it on my front porch Tuesday and I didn't get it picked up until today. After unpacking it, FedEx had dropped the box on one corner and bent the rear bracket (as shown). TMG has contacted FedEx and we're waiting to hear back. It takes a fair amount of force to bend 1/8" angle steel.
The new mount fastens at the back of the cab and just drops into the channel at the front of the cab. There are 2 hold drilled in the front should you want to use a screws to fasten it to the front window frame.

All I can say is the TMG is working with me. Once I get the damage fixed or replaced, I'll see how it mounts in my Deuce.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 767166I've been in contact with Samantha at TMG since she first posted on this thread. She and TMG have been working with me and I sent them several more photos and measurements. TMG sent me a FedEx label to send the original console back to them. It took them several weeks after they got it back, but they shipped out a new version late last week. FedEx left it on my front porch Tuesday and I didn't get it picked up until today. After unpacking it, FedEx had dropped the box on one corner and bent the rear bracket (as shown). TMG has contacted FedEx and we're waiting to hear back. It takes a fair amount of force to bend 1/8" angle steel.
The new mount fastens at the back of the cab and just drops into the channel at the front of the cab. There are 2 hold drilled in the front should you want to use a screws to fasten it to the front window frame.

All I can say is the TMG is working with me. Once I get the damage fixed or replaced, I'll see how it mounts in my Deuce.
So it works just like it dose now? Mine secures in the back and rests on the front, if I wanted to I could drill it into the window frame I guess. If I'm wrong let me know but it seems like exactly where I would have started.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...but I feel you would get better responses if you reached out to the company you had a problem with FIRST.
I posted earlier in this thread that I also had a problem with your company, and that I sent an e-mail asking my order be changed within 10 minutes of placing my order. The order and request took place on a weekend at like 2 a.m., so it's not like it got fulfilled immediately. Someone had to willfully ignore my request.

I didn't want to hijack the thread but felt that you can't exactly get on your high horse and try to say that OP might be totally in the wrong.

Maybe you all have great customer service EXCEPT for me and OP, maybe. I know from my personal experience, this thread and another thread that it is very unlikely that I will order from you again. In fact there was something you had that I wanted, but I got it from FindItParts.com for less.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks