• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PROBLEMS with New basic Hard Top Overhead Console for M35 military vehicles from TMG

Back2Wyo

Tonight I mounted up the new version of the console. I was able to fix up the bent corner from FedEx dropping the package. I have a hard top that has the center depressed from people sitting/standing on the cab roof. This made the installation harder.
I worked from the passenger side and got the front lip on top of the front windshield and the back up into the rear of the cab. I had to take the screw out of the center support at the rear.
With the center support free, I was able to push it toward the back of the cab roof and slip the edge of the console by it and get in into position. I had to use a longer sheet metal screw to re-secure the rear support. 2 new bolt to hold the console at the rear and it's not moving. I can put 2 screws on the front if I feel that I need it, but the console isn't moving.

Attached are photos of my install...P6240076.jpgP6240077.jpgP6240078.jpgP6240079.jpg

I've talked to TMG and let them know about the tight install I had due to the depressed cab roof.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tonight I mounted up the new version of the console. I was able to fix up the bent corner from FedEx dropping the package. I have a hard top that has the center depressed from people sitting/standing on the cab roof. This made the installation harder.
I worked from the passenger side and got the front lip on top of the front windshield and the back up into the rear of the cab. I had to take the screw out of the center support at the rear.
With the center support free, I was able to push it toward the back of the cab roof and slip the edge of the console by it and get in into position. I had to use a longer sheet metal screw to re-secure the rear support. 2 new bolt to hold the console at the rear and it's not moving. I can put 2 screws on the front if I feel that I need it, but the console isn't moving.

Attached are photos of my install...View attachment 768713View attachment 768714View attachment 768715View attachment 768716

I've talked to TMG and let them know about the tight install I had due to the depressed cab roof.
That looks to be exactly the same as the one they sent me, I had to do the same thing with the center support. The front sits almost exactly how yours does too.

Also kinda lame that you went through exactly what I did, I gave the same suggestions and talked the same problems in April. It honestly looks like nothing was done to "improve" the design.

Also also was it a total pain in the but to put the two rear bolts on? Mine I couldn't get a socket over the bolt heads because they drilled the holes so close to the bracket lip.

Back2Wyo

I had no issues getting a 1/4 drive socket on the bolt and tighten them down. The bolts did angle toward the front but that could have been from the way my hard top fits.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old thread but thanks everyone.
I've been waiting for a call from them for a while but have decided to make my own. I've got a fiberglass top so will need more structure on the back anyway. Was hoping to get some ideas and pics of the until to make certain it was doable.

vegansbane

Attached are photos of my install...View attachment 768713View attachment 768714View attachment 768715View attachment 768716

Old thread, but how did you end up securing the front?

Can't quite tell from the pics or description. Or did you mean that you didn't anchor the front?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks