• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-026 genset float solution?

patdufo

Take the float and sand it down considerable smaller(didnt take enough the first try)put on a twist tie so you can hang it to dry,coat verry lightly with JBweld origional(strongest),let dry 24hrs,I also took out some metal from the fuel bowl to give more room,I had it sitting in gas for a week without problem installed and running great,dont even bother trying to find the mythical brass float as I took 2 days of my life looking with no luck at any price,hope this helps some one else and if it doesnt hold up I will report back.

I am using this genset to charge a 1000 A.H. 24v battery bank,usually charges to 28v in half an hour but I can get it up to 30v to desulfate and equalize the batteries.

Also use sunoco gas as it is reported to be alcohol free?

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Great work Dude. And thank you for sharing!! I too spent 10 hours plus looking for the float, for someone else in the forum. You can find a whole gen set, before finding a float. Once again, great job.

justacitizen

i have a few of the 015 ac generators. i am so far running on the original float without any problems but i don't have ethanol in my area. great little sets for small applications.

My MEP-016A has a brass float. all the Carbs that came on my 1a08 & 2a016 engines are foam. I've had good luck coating them with model airplane dope (getting very hard to find) and did try one in REDKOTE, but i have yet to install it and see if it works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks