• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW front differential

BALLZO56

Anyone have an extra front differential for a 1941 CCKW 352 with split axles. I moved on to the front end and discovered a missing left half shaft assemble as well as worn steering holes where the tie rod assembly pins go in. I might be able to repair some of it, but I at least need the half shaft. This truck has made my already gray hair even grayer.

The spring pad on the right side has three broken bolt in the threaded holes the other one is drilled out to 5/8 some one made u bolts to fit .

Both axles are very good both packed with heavy grease
All wheel bearings and inside of hubs look very good and full of grease
Left side brake shoes are dry look good .
Right side brake shoes wet with grease
Both spindles looked good threads in good shape .
All four wheel bearing nuts have had a chisel used on them they may clean up the m211 wheel bearing nuts have the same thread but they are thinner.
Both hubs have damage from the wrong wheel studs being used .

Attachments

Both hubs have the same wheel studs these go in from the wheel side and have a nut on the drum side and have no splines the only thing that keeps them from turning is the oval shape that goes in to the grove on the wheel side and that failed and let them turn .

Maybe the right studs have splines and drive in from the back .

Attachments

BinderDan

I have a good timken steer axle and both rear axles, I am putting the GM axles under mine as the suspension and trunions are busted beyond repair in the rear

Call me if you need parts 5074023337

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks