• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to remove this bushing??

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using a drill and drill bit make a lot of holes all the way around. Making a bolt circle. You will need to use a LOT of oil on the drill bit otherwise the rubber will break the bit. When you have holes all the way around and all the way through, it will loose enough strength that you can knock it out with a hammer and a 1/2 drive extension for a punch.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
If you are asking about the riveted frame housing section with the rubber bushing I use a grinder on the outside of frame and grind as flush as possible and not grind on frame, scratching is ok. The rivets are countersunk into the frame some. Then I take a bit close to size of the rivet, drill an 1/8 deep into rivet and hammer and a punch to get through, 4 pound hammer might have to be used still not easy. On the passenger side fuel return line, brake line have to be watched. If you catch the bushing early enough it will not have wobbled out the housing hole.

Hope this helps but perhaps it is just the rubber and ken has you covered.[thumbzup]

The springs are great. If I did it all over again I would buy the same springs but I would pop for the upgraded bilstein shocks.
My next project will be the superduty shock mounts and the extra long bilsteins.

DF15C2FF-EFDA-48E9-B605-AFF701AD460B.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks