• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting a Humvee titled for on road use in Michigan

SteelWheels

--- Please note that I am not looking to create a discussion for breaking or getting around the law, just seeing whats possible working with it ---

Hello
I am a resident of Michigan and I am looking to purchase a Humvee for On-road use, as I cant justify investing in one just for off-road
The more I look into the prospect of getting a Humvee for on road use the more bleak my chances seem, and before giving up all hope I wanted to talk to some people to see if they had any luck in getting one them selves, or know something that I'm missing
Are there any special processes, modification, models or anything I can do or is it a lost cause
Thanks ahead of time

Lazboytt

Feel free to send me a private message. I have all your details. Or if you give me your phone number I can call you tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
https://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Humvee_Info_Letter_526983_7.pdf

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...all-Michigan-Historic-Military-Vehicle-Owners

Basic gist of the above 2 links, Michigan hates you and doesn't think ANY HMMWV, as well as some other surplus military vehicles, belong on the road. They don't care if it was purchased without the Off Road Only stamp or not, they will not register it for on the road use, and even if it's currently registered for on road use in some other state, they will arbitrarily change it to an off road only title because they can.

There are several other threads about it as well, but the one above is pretty current.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks