• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repair work possibilities - greater Seattle area

Oldbrknvet

Retired. Worked on large old equipment in Alaska. Was a licensed electrician. Just testing the waters to to see if their might be a need for REASONABLY priced repair work in the area. Head gaskets, fuel issues, air lines, electrical, brakes, etc, but no major motor or tranny or transfer case rebuilds.

I am looking to make a few extra bucks. Not looking for a new career. Just want to provide an affordable option. I like working on older rigs.

If the feedback is positive, I will sell my pickup and old motor home and look for a M936.

Let me know your thoughts,
Larry

Oldbrknvet

Addition to my last post...

Willing to travel to Oregon, Idaho, Nevada and lower BC. By affordable, I mean VERY reasonable. Some travel expenses could be worked out for out of state jobs.

Any feedback? Larry

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have a shop I go to, but I'm always looking to save money. What are your limitations? Just stuff you can turn with a wrench? What's your hourly rate? Sounds like you're mobile or do you prefer to work out of a shop? Any fabrication/welding?

Ever work with solar, know anything about powerwalls?

Oldbrknvet

Good questions. You will have to be more specific on limitations. I have tools for the types of projects I mentioned above. I am not willing to renew my electrical license, bond or insurance. If you are looking to go off grid or just augment your existing system, I am not your guy. My experience included trams, remote weather stations, service entrance work and hospital equipment installs. I wrenched on equipment so it could make it to the North Slope.

Rates are somewhat flexible - $25 to $30 per hour unless we agree to a figure for a scope of work.

Oldbrknvet

Reduction.

As my wife reminded, I'm doing this mostly for fun. So, rates are $15-$20 per hour and I will only charge when I actually have a tool in use. Maybe we can keep more old steel turning.
Larry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks